Starter Templates come with a choice of different page builders (Elementor, Beaver Builder, Brizy) and the WordPress default editor Gutenberg. The plugin offers a range of beautifully designed demo sites.
Till now you would be able to import following things with Starter Templates –
In addition to this you can now import –
- Single Gutenberg pages (from block editor itself)
- Gutenberg Patterns – Attractive sections for different purposes like a call to action, FAQ, features, portfolio, services, team, and so on (from block editor itself)
That means you get handy import option right inside the block editor. This makes your import process much faster and easier. Let’s see how this new option works.
How to import page and pattern from block editor?
You can easily import Gutenberg pages and patterns with few clicks.
Here is a quick video that shows the process
Here are detailed steps –
Step 1 – Open and edit the page/post.
Step 2 – You will observe a new button on the top that says – Starter Templates. Click on this button.
Step 3 – A popup window will appear with all single page and pattern choice. Choose your favourite page or pattern. You can preview selected page/pattern before importing it.
Step 4 – Once you preview the design, click to import it. The import process will start automatically.
Done! You can update the content and images as per requirement.
After importing page/pattern here are few things to note –
- Once you import a page or pattern you might see some different colors and typography than previewed content. This is because your customizer settings will automatically be inherited to page/pattern design.
Example – If a page you are importing has a button with green color while you have set the yellow color for buttons in the customizer. Then after importing a page, a customizer setting i.e. yellow button color will be applied to the button instead of green.
- Similarly, typography will be inherited from the customizer. All headings and content will have typography set from the customizer.
- In case, the page you importing has a form, the required plugin will be automatically installed and activated.