WordPress Support Specialist
We’re looking for a kind, supportive, and all-around friendly people to join our growing support team!
You love helping make the technical, non-technical, and are a wizard at debugging difficult issues.
You’re proactive, not reactive. A self-starter and a great dude or dudette.
- Respond to support questions about the Astra theme and our other products.
- Answer questions in our help desk software HelpScout.
- Write detailed bug reports with replication steps for our developers to fix.
- Write new documentation and update existing articles as needed.
Who we are?
Brainstorm Force is a team of passionate, creative individuals. From support, developers, marketers, content specialists, quality assurance, and more!
Initially starting as a web design agency, we realized that there had to be a better way to build clients’ websites faster.
So we pivoted to product and haven’t looked back. Our theme Astra is one of the most popular themes for WordPress, powering over 0+ websites, and gaining a new install almost every minute.
Your support skills will make customers smile, feel understood, and ultimately you’ll resolve their issues in a timely, positive manner. You’ll be making a difference to thousands of peoples a year through your knowledge and experience in WordPress.
What are we looking for?
You’re an empathic person. In general, people write in to support because they are frustrated, as a support person, it’s your job to understand what they’re saying, listen to their concerns, and address them with empathy.
You want to make a difference. We have hundreds of customers write in to us on a daily basis. As part of the support team, you’ll be making a real difference to real people.
Someone who can make the technical, non-technical. In support, it’s often the case where you need to explain a technical concept to someone who isn’t technical at all, explaining this in a non-patronizing way, in easy to follow plain English isn’t easy! But that’s what we need. 🙂
Who are you, and what do you bring?
- Empathy for customers.
- Passionate about providing excellent support.
- Fluent English (spelling and grammar).
- At least 1+ years of experience with WordPress.
- Understanding and ability to write custom CSS.
- Understand and the ability to write HTML.
- Familiar with tools like HelpScout, Trello, Asana, Github, and Slack.
- Polite and understanding.
- Self-starter. You don’t have to be micromanaged.
- Troubleshooting experience.
- A curiosity to learn and grow.
Bonus points for any of the following
- Ability to write and understand PHP.
- WordPress plugin development experience.
- WordPress theme development experience.
- Previous remote working experience.
What we offer you!
We believe in working closely and bringing the best out in each other. We’re a fun, supportive, and creative group of individuals. We’ll offer you:
- A competitive salary. 💵
- Paid time off if you join us full-time.
- The opportunity to learn and grow in a fast-growing team.
- The chance for your work to make a real impact on people’s daily lives.
- Autonomy. We don’t micro-manage, we believe in letting you manage your own time as you see fit. Given the nature of support, though, you may need to be flexible for cover at certain hours.
- Fully remote work.
- Want to work from anywhere? This is the job for you.
Sounds like a good fit?
Want to apply for this position? Just fill in the form on this page.
We look forward to hearing from you!