WordPress Support Specialist
Employment type: Full-time
We’re looking for a kind, supportive, and all-around friendly people to join our growing support team!
You love helping make the technical, non-technical, and are a wizard at debugging difficult issues.
You’re proactive, not reactive. A self-starter and a great dude or dudette.
- Respond to support questions about the Astra theme and our other products.
- Answer questions in our help desk software HelpScout.
- Write detailed bug reports with replication steps for our developers to fix.
- Write new documentation and update existing articles as needed.
Who we are?
Brainstorm Force is a team of passionate, creative individuals. From support, developers, marketers, content specialists, quality assurance, and more!
Initially starting as a web design agency, we realized that there had to be a better way to build clients’ websites faster.
So we pivoted to product and haven’t looked back. Our theme Astra is one of the most popular themes for WordPress, powering over 1,000,000+ websites, and gaining a new install almost every minute.
Your support skills will make customers smile, feel understood, and ultimately you’ll resolve their issues in a timely, positive manner. You’ll be making a difference to thousands of peoples a year through your knowledge and experience in WordPress.
What are we looking for?
You’re an empathic person. In general, people write in to support because they are frustrated, as a support person, it’s your job to understand what they’re saying, listen to their concerns, and address them with empathy.
You want to make a difference. We have hundreds of customers write in to us on a daily basis. As part of the support team, you’ll be making a real difference to real people.
Someone who can make the technical, non-technical. In support, it’s often the case where you need to explain a technical concept to someone who isn’t technical at all, explaining this in a non-patronizing way, in easy to follow plain English isn’t easy! But that’s what we need. 🙂
Who are you, and what do you bring?
- Empathy for customers.
- Passionate about providing excellent support.
- Fluent English (spelling and grammar).
- At least 1+ years of experience with WordPress.
- Understanding and ability to write custom CSS.
- Understand and the ability to write HTML.
- Familiar with tools like HelpScout, Trello, Asana, Github, and Slack.
- Polite and understanding.
- Self-starter. You don’t have to be micromanaged.
- Troubleshooting experience.
- A curiosity to learn and grow.
Bonus points for any of the following
- Ability to write and understand PHP.
- WordPress plugin development experience.
- WordPress theme development experience.
- Previous remote working experience.
What we offer you!
We believe in working closely and bringing the best out in each other. We’re a fun, supportive, and creative group of individuals. We’ll offer you:
- A competitive salary. 💵
- Paid time off if you join us full-time.
- The opportunity to learn and grow in a fast-growing team.
- The chance for your work to make a real impact on people’s daily lives.
- Autonomy. We don’t micro-manage, we believe in letting you manage your own time as you see fit. Given the nature of support, though, you may need to be flexible for cover at certain hours.
- Fully remote work.
- Want to work from anywhere? This is the job for you.
Sounds like a good fit?
Want to apply for this position? Just fill in the form on this page.
We look forward to hearing from you!