When you import a template, the data are being transferred to your server. If you see the error description like the one shown below, the error is caused by a server not being able to respond to a connection request in a timely manner:
Error: 500 Maximum execution time of XXX seconds exceeded
The connection request flow looks like this:
That means that the whole flow you see in the image above needs to be completed within the set time frame (30 seconds in this case). If the above connection request flow does not complete in the allowed time frame, it will cause the connection request to timeout and the import process to fail.
How To Fix This?
Please follow these steps and try importing again with each step. Let’s start:
- Simply try importing the template again. Something temporary could have caused the delay. Chances are, it works in the next attempt.
- No luck with the previous step? Try again but using a different browser. There might be something in your browser (maybe an extension) blocking the request and causing a time-out.
- Next, if you’re using VPN, please try turning it off.
- If that didn’t help, please temporarily deactivate a security plugin on your website if you’re using it (Ex – Wordfence, iThemes Security, etc.)
- If all previous steps didn’t solve it, deactivate all of your plugins except Starter Templates and give it another try (some other plugin on your website may be causing conflict)
Still Having Issues?
Contact your hosting provider and ask them to help, as your host might be causing the conflict. You could use the following template to contact your hosting provider:
Host Email Template:
I’m building a WordPress website using the Astra theme. I’m trying to import a template using the “Starter Templates” plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/astra-sites/), but the process keeps failing.
Here is the error notice I am receiving –
‘WP_Error – cURL error 28: Operation timed out after 30001 milliseconds with 0 bytes received
Would you please take a look? I’m looking forward to hearing from you.
Still Not Fixed – Let Us Know?
Open a support ticket with us here, and we will be happy to take a look. If you’re our Premium user, you can expect a reply from our Support team in a maximum of 24 hours. If you’re a free user, don’t worry our Support team will help you out, but it might take a few days as we prioritize tickets.
We will need the FTP details of your server, so please include these in your support request.
Other related errors and fixes: