Looking to build your own real estate website? Want to add property features to your existing website? Use WordPress? If you answered yes to any of those questions, this article is for you as we are going to look at some of the leading real estate plugins for WordPress.
With so many WordPress real estate plugins to choose from, it can be difficult to know what each plugin does, whether it’s a good fit for your site and whether it offers good value for money. These are all questions we seek to answer for you on this page.
We will also walk you through what you need to build your real estate website and suggest a few other helpful plugins to get you started. Then we’ll get onto that list of the best WordPress real estate plugins you can use.
- How To Build Your Real Estate Website
- Best Real Estate Plugins for WordPress
- 1. IMPress Listings
- 2. WPL Real Estate
- 3. Real Estate Pro
- 4. WP-Property
- 5. Essential Real Estate
- 6. WP Amortization Calculator
- 7. AgentPress Listings
- 8. IDX Broker
- 9. WPCasa
- 10. Easy Property Listings
- 11. Toolset
- 12. UPTOWN Real Estate Plugin
- 13. Estatik
- 14. BirchPress
- Summary of WordPress Real Estate Plugins
How To Build Your Real Estate Website
If you’re setting up a real estate website for the first time, you may feel a little daunted at what may seem a complicated process. It really isn’t complicated. We will outline everything you need to build a real estate website using WordPress to show you just how straightforward it is.
You will need:
- A domain name
- Website hosting
- A WordPress theme
A Domain Name
A domain name is the www. name you type into a browser to visit a website. Ideally, a domain for a business should closely reflect the company name. If it can also include a hint as to what the website is about, all the better.
Choosing a domain name can be an involved process. Read this guide over at Moz for some best practices.
For your website to be visible to the world, it needs to be hosted somewhere with access to the web. Website hosts are businesses who rent server space for you to install your website to make it available to your customers.
There are hundreds of web hosts out there. All offer different services, levels of service and prices.
WordPress is the content management system that acts as the framework for your website. It provides the ability to build pages, add blog posts, add property entries and all those elements that make up a typical website.
WordPress is free and open source and can be installed automatically onto your web hosting. You may have to install it manually but most good quality hosts will have full instructions on how to do it.
This post has a thorough guide on installing WordPress onto your web hosting package.
A WordPress Theme
A WordPress theme is a graphical skin you apply over WordPress to make it look good. While WordPress comes with basic free themes, it isn’t until you apply a premium theme that your website will begin to shine.
There are thousands of WordPress themes out there. As a first step, we would suggest looking at Astra. It’s a premium theme that has hundreds of websites all ready to go, including templates for real estate.
Astra uses a drag and drop page builder so you can customize your website however you like without having to know any code or do anything complicated!
Useful WordPress Plugins You Should Use
Plugins are exactly what they sound like, small apps that plug into WordPress to add new features. Some of which are very useful, like these:
- Yoast SEO – Yoast SEO is a powerful plugin that handles many of the basic Search Engine Optimization tasks you’re going to need to take care of. With a few simple settings, you can configure the initial SEO settings to help your website get noticed.
- HubSpot – Easily add all-in-one marketing functionality to your WordPress website. With HubSpot’s free plugin, you get live chat, forms, email marketing, analytics, CRM, and more! Great tools for helping grow your business!
- Insert Headers and Footers – Insert Headers and Footers is a very useful WordPress plugin if you want to begin experimenting with code or use tracking tools such as Google Analytics or Facebook Pixel. It provides a simple way to add the necessary code to your website without getting too complicated.
- Wordfence – Wordfence is a security plugin that adds an essential layer of protection to WordPress. It adds a firewall, login protections, whitelists and blacklists and provides free or premium protection to your website. It is well worth checking out.
Best Real Estate Plugins for WordPress
So that’s enough about setting up your real estate website. Now let’s list those top real estate plugins for WordPress!
IMPress Listings is a free, open source WordPress MLS plugin that enables you to integrate property listings into your website. If you already have an MLS system, this plugin lets you import listings using IMPress Listings and IMPress for IDX Broker.
This WordPress MLS plugin enables easy listing using default values such as property type, value, location or features. Or you can create your own. It can also support custom data fields that can include any property feature you can to use within a straightforward dashboard.
Features of IMPress Listings:
- Fully featured WordPress real estate plugin
- Integrates with MLS when premium option
- Usable default settings with the option to fully customize
- Supports multiple data fields to support property features
- User friendly interface
Pros of IMPress Listings:
- Free WordPress MLS plugin with a lot of features
- Useful default values or you can customize properties as required
- Simple dashboard with straightforward navigation
- Supports custom data fields so you can create your own unique property listing
Cons of IMPress Listings:
- Limited features
- Support for free plugins isn’t guaranteed
IMPress Listings Pricing
IMPress Listings is a free real estate plugin for WordPress.
WPL Real Estate is another WordPress real estate plugin worth checking out. It’s a fully-featured plugin that can support over 100,000 listings, unlimited users, sales, rentals, vacation rentals and shared property listings and a range of other criteria.
All these features are contained within a very straightforward dashboard that makes short work of creating listings, updating and managing them. You can add, remove, edit and annotate from within a coherent dashboard with easy navigation and descriptive menus. It’s a very easy plugin to use.
Features of WPL Real Estate:
- Simple dashboard that makes it easy to manage listings
- Excellent support for multiple listing types
- Includes social sharing tools
Pros of WPL Real Estate:
- Free version has lots of features, premium version has even more
- Supports over 100,000 listings and unlimited users
- Simple tools to add, edit or remove listings
- Multiple listing types including rentals and shared properties
- Social sharing tools make promotion simple
Cons of WPL Real Estate:
- Requires premium to turn it into WordPress MLS plugin
WPL Real Estate Pricing
There is a free version and a premium version of WPL Real Estate. The free version is very usable and comes with a selection of tools you’ll need to create and manage your listings. The premium version is $199 and comes with more theme tools and further upgrade options.
Real Estate Pro from CodeCanyon is a versatile WordPress real estate plugin with some very useful features. It works with the Visual Composer page builder to help build listings and includes Ajax search, reviews and ratings, user submission for listings, subscriptions and payment options to name just a few.
It’s a well-designed addon that comes ready to use out of the box and is known for its ease of use and the fact it installs almost ready to go. Minimal customization is required to begin listing properties but infinite customization is possible if you want.
Features of Real Estate Pro:
- Arrives ready to use with excellent defaults
- Works with other WordPress plugins to extend functionality
- Ajax search and filter options
- Includes reviews and property rating functions
Pros of Real Estate Pro:
- A WordPress real estate plugin designed specifically for the task
- Default settings deliver fully functional listings with minimal effort
- Integrates with the MailChimp service for email outreach
- Can import properties using CSV (spreadsheet) data.
- Comes with multiple email templates for engagement and outreach
Cons of Real Estate Pro:
- You may need to increase the WordPress maximum file upload size to use it
Real Estate Pro Pricing
Real Estate Pro costs $39 for a single license. That includes everything required to fully utilize the plugin.
WP-Property is one of the most established WordPress real estate plugins around. While designed for real estate, it is flexible enough to handle other products. Those products can either be listed separately or within your property listings.
The plugin has a very usable dashboard with simple checkboxes and text areas to create listings. Setup is fast and listings can be added quickly from a text editor or CSV file. The plugin also includes flexible templates that aid integration into your website with the minimum of customization.
Features of WP-Property:
- Designed specifically for WordPress and works seamlessly
- User-friendly dashboard with a straightforward listing process
- Filtering, sorting and pagination tools
- Ajax tools for search
- SEO friendly URLs for listings
Pros of WP-Property:
- The WordPress real estate plugin is free
- Listing is quick and easy
- Includes customizable sections for feature properties, galleries and USPs
- Integrates with Google Maps and the WordPress media gallery
Cons of WP-Property:
- There are a lot of features to get to grips with
- Developer is occasionally slow keeping up with WordPress version compatibility
WP-Property is a free WordPress real estate plugin.
Essential Real Estate is a genuinely feature-packed WordPress real estate plugin. It includes everything agents need to build, configure and manage a website complete with property listings.
Essential Real Estate comes complete with well-designed default listings, property pages, agent profiles and other useful content. It comes with both a front end and back end customizer, custom data fields for extra listing features, different listing types and a range of value-add features.
Features of Essential Real Estate:
- A complete WordPress real estate plugin with every tool you could need
- Supports Google Maps and directions
- Offers credible default layouts for listings and properties
- Works with multiple property types and custom data fields
- Comes with a front end and back end customizer
Pros of Essential Real Estate:
- There is almost every tool you could need for a real estate website
- Lots of marketing functions such as property highlights, compare and favourites
- Google Maps, directions, nearby properties and nearby places
- Compatible with Visual Composer and WPML (translation plugin)
- Same developer also offers other supporting plugins for free
Cons of Essential Real Estate:
- There is a lot to learn and features to navigate
- Documentation is translated into English and not always the easiest to comprehend
Essential Real Estate Pricing
Essential Real Estate is a free real estate plugin for WordPress.
WP Amortization Calculator is a very useful WordPress real estate plugin for sites that want to offer or recommend mortgages or loans. The plugin adds a calculator app that can be integrated into pages to offer an extra service to prospective homebuyers who want more detail on mortgages.
This is a value-add plugin that would ideally work alongside others on your site to add an extra service. As well as loan calculation, the plugin also includes lead capture features, Visual Composer and Elementor integration for fitting into your brand and PDF tools to provide copies of loan information to visitors.
Features of WP Amortization Calculator:
- Loan and mortgage calculator that can fit onto any page
- Works with Visual Composer and Elementor drag and drop page builders
- Includes lead capture opportunities
- PDF tool that can be branded and customized to suit
- Customizable design and calculator options
Pros of WP Amortization Calculator:
- Easy to use plugin that requires no coding
- Default designs look great but can be fully customized
- Provides PDF files of loan information for users
- Captures lead data for future use
- Visual Composer and Elementor support
Cons of WP Amortization Calculator:
- Most core calculator functions cannot be customized
- Some styling options require CSS knowledge
WP Amortization Calculator Pricing
The WP Amortization Calculator real estate plugin for WordPress costs $27.
AgentPress Listings is from WordPress theme specialists StudioPress. It is designed to support their own WordPress themes and will require you use the Genesis Framework in order to use it. Aside from those requirements, this is an excellent option if you’re looking for a powerful, flexible WordPress real estate plugin.
AgentPress Listings enables you to include property listings on your website. It supports common features, taxonomies and listing options that let you quickly add, edit and manage listings and include search and filters on a page.
Features of AgentPress Listings:
- Designed to support Genesis Framework themes
- Supports custom post types for organizing listings
- Works with custom taxonomies for detailed filtering and search
- Search function can be added to the page
- Works with Google Maps
Pros of AgentPress Listings:
- A free real estate plugin for WordPress
- Opportunity to use default or custom taxonomies for listings
- Custom post type support so you can create your own categories
- Works seamlessly with Genesis Framework and StudioPress themes
Cons of AgentPress Listings:
- Dependency on Genesis Framework limits utility
- That dependency isn’t made very clear at point of download
AgentPress Listings Pricing
AgentPress Listings is a free plugin but Genesis Framework and StudioPress themes cost money.
8. IDX Broker
IDX Broker is widely regarded as the best WordPress IDX plugin around. It’s a very detailed product that includes attractive templates, lead generation tools, map search with walk score, social media integration, IDX and MLS listings search, valuation tools and a whole lot more.
There is a definite learning curve with IDX Broker but it is one of the most complete WordPress real estate plugins you can find. It covers everything from lead generation and follow up, reporting, G-Suite integration, address search, mortgage calculator and a range of widgets and plugins for WordPress.
Features of IDX Broker:
- Probably the best WordPress IDX plugin money can buy
- Integrates fully into WordPress
- Attractive, modern default templates to use within your theme
- Every filter, search and custom field you could ever need
- IDX and MLS listings search
Pros of IDX Broker:
- Fully-features WordPress IDX plugin
- Includes every conceivable element you would want for a real estate website
- Works seamlessly with WordPress and other plugins
- Premium support included in the price
Cons of IDX Broker:
- Quite a steep learning curve
- Expensive compared to other WordPress real estate plugins
IDX Broker Pricing
IDX Broker has three pricing plans, Lite, Platinum and Home. Each plan contains a further three options costing from $50 to $200 per month.
WPCasa is a very well-established real estate plugin for WordPress. The package includes the plugin and full WordPress themes you can use to build out your website. It has an intuitive design that mimics WordPress to make adding, editing and managing listings simple.
The plugin uses a familiar editor to make the learning curve as shallow as possible. The default listings design is clean and minimalist and could be customized to fit any brand with a little CSS knowledge. It works with Google Maps, custom fields and a range of image and listing options to suit most requirements.
Features of WPCasa:
- Both a WordPress real estate plugin and theme framework
- Includes optional addons for even more features
- Integrates into the standard WordPress editor for familiarity
- Supports actions, filters, hooks and custom fields
- Google Map support
Pros of WPCasa:
- WPCasa is more a full real estate package than simple plugin
- Integrates into WordPress seamlessly and requires minimal learning to begin creating listings
- Detailed listings editor to control every aspect of each entry
- Advanced filter options for ease of use
Cons of WPCasa:
- It isn’t always clear which is a feature of the plugin or of the theme
The WPCasa real estate plugin for WordPress is free but the themes and addons cost from $19 upwards.
Easy Property Listings is a WordPress real estate plugin that genuinely lives up to its name. It is a well-known plugin for being intuitive, easy to use and quick to deploy listings. A straightforward user interface makes short work of adding, editing and removing listings. All good reasons why we like this plugin.
Easy Property Listings comes complete with over a hundred default templates but can be customized to suit any brand. It is responsive and mobile ready, supports custom fields, has a grid or list format, support for different listing types and a very neat ‘Theme Compatibility Mode’ to minimize errors when integrating into an existing WordPress theme.
Features of Easy Property Listings:
- Wide range of default templates
- Google Maps integration
- Support for multiple locations, languages and currencies
- Calendar and appointment feature for viewings
- Search and filtering options for ease of use
- Optional addons add even more features
Pros of Easy Property Listings:
- Theme Compatibility Mode’ is a very slick tool that makes it easy to work within existing themes
- Very customizable plugin with usable default themes
- Uses search and filter options for usability
- The inclusion of a calendar and appointment booking is a valuable addition
Cons of Easy Property Listings:
- Those addons can be quite expensive
Easy Property Listings Pricing
Easy Property Listings is a free real estate plugin for WordPress with optional premium addons costing from $87 upwards.
Toolset is a set of plugins that come with a wide range of WordPress tools to help you build real estate websites. It provides all the core features you look for in a plugin including listing options, a management dashboard, filtering, custom fields, maps, different listing types, and some great-looking default templates.
Toolset lets you create custom fields, manage custom taxonomies, and post types for full control. It also has very usable defaults if you don’t want to go that way. Users get effective search and slider filters for price or bedrooms and user submission tools too.
Features of Toolset:
- Powerful default and custom search options
- Attractive map display that feature properties
- Support for custom fields, post types and taxonomies
- User-friendly slider filter options
- Support for multiple property images
Pros of Toolset:
- Very intuitive to use
- A wide selection of real estate listing tools
- Compatible with a multitude of WordPress themes and plugins
- Very useful property map with property listings
- Advanced search and filtering tools for users
Cons of Toolset:
- No free version
The Toolset Real Estate real estate plugin for WordPress has three pricing options. Toolset Presentation at $69, Interactive at $149 and Agency at $299 per year.
UPTOWN Real Estate Plugin is a very popular WordPress real estate plugin from CodeCanyon. It’s a feature-packed plugin that supports Visual Composer for ease of use and comes with a straightforward admin panel which makes it easy to add, edit and manage your property listings.
This plugin supports shortcodes, custom fields, translations, currency conversion and many other features you would expect to see on a real estate website. There are also different templates and layout options to fit the listings into existing WordPress themes or pages.
Features of UPTOWN Real Estate Plugin:
- Excellent default templates and layout options
- Customization options covering every part of the plugin
- Visual Composer support for drag and drop functionality
- Translation-ready and includes currency conversion
- Simple admin dashboard that controls every aspect of the plugin
Pros of UPTOWN Real Estate Plugin:
- Modern design with clean templates
- Visual Composer support
- Ajax filtering for usability
- Excellent standard layouts with the option to fully customize
Cons of UPTOWN Real Estate Plugin:
- No map option
UPTOWN Real Estate Plugin Pricing
UPTOWN Real Estate Plugin is a premium real estate plugin for WordPress that costs $70.
Estatik is a relative newcomer to the WordPress real estate plugin scene but has made an immediate impact. It’s a fully-featured plugin with the option of using a dedicated theme as well. It provides the selection of tools you look for with a few extras thrown in, making this a great value plugin to use.
Estatik looks modern and offers an excellent user experience. It is also easy to use and includes a simple dashboard to help manage listings. Extra features include map integration, a mortgage calculator, WordPress MLS plugin support, subscription options for listings and full translation support.
Features of Estatik:
- Premium plugin with premium features
- Attractive design that will resonate well with users
- Support for WordPress MLS plugins
- Map tools are superb
- Attractive, powerful image and gallery options
Pros of Estatik:
- Includes all the features users expect from a real estate website
- Attractive default designs with the opportunity to customize
- Very useful map function with listings
- Search and filtering tools
Cons of Estatik:
- Occasional WordPress field errors reported
Estatik has a free WordPress real estate plugin option and three premium versions. Premium options are Pro, Developer and Premium and cost $89, $129 and $489 respectively.
BirchPress is not a full WordPress real estate plugin but an appointment scheduler. It would ideally work alongside one of these other real estate plugins for WordPress to deliver the full suite of tools you would require on a website.
BirchPress adds a booking form to a website along with a calendar where users can schedule a viewing. Forms can be used on pages, on widgets and anywhere you need with shortcodes. Forms can be fully customized and will sync automatically to your calendar to ensure you never miss an appointment.
Features of BirchPress:
- Very usable form with calendar to make booking simple
- Synchronizes with most popular calendar types
- Can send email reminders
- Works with payment gateways if required
- Can be customized with basic coding skills
Pros of BirchPress:
- BirchPress is an excellent addition to existing real estate plugins
- Online booking is becoming increasingly popular with homebuyers
- Simple forms that can be fully customized
- Shortcodes make implementing the form and calendar a breeze
Cons of BirchPress:
- Expensive for what it is
BirchPress has three pricing models. Personal at $99, business at $199 and Business+ at $249.
Summary of WordPress Real Estate Plugins
As you can see, WordPress real estate plugins come in all shapes, sizes, prices and capabilities. That’s why we put this list together, to highlight the features and selling points of the main plugins out there and help you make an informed decision.
Were we setting up our own real estate website, it would be hard to overlook Estatik. It may be a newcomer but it offers a wide feature set that includes just about everything you need in a very attractive package. IDX Broker is also a firm favourite.
Alternatively, it is hard to argue against IMPress Listings. Not only does it contain most of the tools you need, it’s also an MLS WordPress plugin that supports IDX. Both can be incredibly useful if you use those systems already.
Whichever WordPress real estate plugin you choose, if it’s in this list, you won’t go far wrong!