According to the Global Digital Report 2019, the number of social media users worldwide is 3.484 billion, which is up 9% since last year.
Social media is here to stay and one of the easiest ways to leverage its power to boost your online presence is to integrate your website with the right social media tools (or plugins if you are a WordPress user).
For example, you can:
- Increase social media traffic by using engaging share buttons and through automated post shares.
- Get more social media followers by displaying social follow buttons.
- Build social proof, trust, and authority by professionally displaying your social following and social media reviews.
- Deliver fresh and engaging content for your users using social media feeds.
- And even grow your community using social logins and comments.
If you are on the lookout to find the best social media plugins for your website (that will help you drive more traffic, boost engagement and increase sales), then your search ends here.
In this comprehensive guide, we are not only listing some of the best plugins available to you but also giving you a detailed analysis of each plugin helping you gauge if it’s the right fit for your website.
We’ve done the hard work trawling through hundreds of plugins to help make your decision as easy as possible.
Quick Summary – 23 Best Social Media Plugins
- Social Snap – Social Share Plugin for WP
- Sassy Social Share – Free Social Share Plugin
- Grow by Mediavine – Formerly Social Pug
- Easy Social Share – Social + Email Subscription Buttons
- Social Warfare – Powerful Social Media Plugin
- Social Icons Widget by WPZoom – 400+ customizable and easy-to-use icons
The 6 Types of Social Media Plugins You Can Use On Your Website
Before we take a look at the actual plugins, let’s first take a look at the various types of social media plugins available to you.
Based on the functionality they offer, social media plugins can essentially be divided into the following categories.
1. Social Sharing Buttons (WordPress social share plugin)
These are plugins that allow you to add social sharing buttons (inline and/or floating buttons) to your website.
Social share buttons allow your users to quickly and easily share your content to their favorite social networking sites. And more shares equate more traffic.
Not only that, social signals are even used by search engines like Google as a ranking factor. So it will help improve your search engine rankings as well.
2. Social Follow Icons
These plugins allow you to display your social icons so your visitors can follow you on social media.
Once a user follows you, you can keep in touch with them by sending regular updates, that will keep bringing them back to your website. These buttons can also be used to display your follower count helping you increase your social proof.
3. Social Media Feeds
These type of plugins allow you to display your social media content on your website.
The following image is an example of a Twitter feed displayed in Masonry format.
This feed is set to display all tweets from a particular channel. This feed will automatically update itself when new tweets are added, so you don’t need to update anything manually.
4. Social Media Poster
These are plugins that allow you to automatically post your content to various social networks with the click of a button saving you tons of time and effort.
For example, the moment you publish a post, the plugin will send your post to all your social networks as per a pre-set schedule.
This way you don’t need to manually login to each network and add your post. Remember that maintaining a regular posting schedule is crucial to your social media success.
5. Social Media Review Feeds
These plugins allow you to display reviews left by your customers on social media, on your website.
This helps you build social proof and as you would know, social proof is an extremely powerful factor in driving sales.
The following image is an example of social media review feeds.
6. Social Logins & Comments
These plugins allow your users to register and login to your website using their favorite social media accounts boosting registrations and user engagement.
The following image is an example of WordPress comments that allows users to comment using their favorite social network.
How to Choose The Right Social Media Plugin?
WordPress has a ton of social media plugins. But which ones should you be using?
The following is a basic checklist that will help you in selecting the right plugins for your website.
1. Is It Actively Maintained?
The plugin should be actively maintained with regular updates. It should be compatible with the latest version of WordPress.
You can get this information by visiting the plugin’s WordPress page as indicated by the following image.
2. Does It Offer Good Support?
Good plugins always have well written (or video) tutorials and/or FAQ pages that users can refer to in case of issues. They also offer good support.
You can check out the plugin’s support forum on WordPress to see if they do.
3. Does It Have Good Reviews?
A simple way to gauge the quality of a plugin is to look at the ratings on its WordPress page.
Good plugins usually have a decent user base and fairly positive ratings.
If it’s a new plugin, it’s okay to have a lower user base as long as the ratings are good.
You can even consider clicking on the ‘See All’ link and read what the users have to say about the plugin.
4. Is It Easy to Configure?
Good plugins put a lot of thought into usability to ensure that the user can make it work without any difficulties.
The plugin should have a clean and intuitive interface so you are able to configure and start using it without much effort.
5. Is It Optimized for Performance?
It’s important that the plugin does not slow down your site by loading unnecessary files. Whenever required, the plugin should make use of caching, asynchronous loading, lower HTTP requests and other mechanisms to minimize its effect on page loads.
Similarly, the plugin should restrict its files only to those pages where the plugin is used instead of adding it sitewide.
6. Is It Compatible with All Browsers?
The plugin’s output should render properly on all modern browsers.
7. Does It Support Your Requirements?
The plugin should support your unique requirements.
For example, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn are the most common platforms, but if your industry or country has special networks, the plugin should support them.
8. Does It Respect Privacy Laws?
It should abide by new privacy laws like the GDPR.
9. Is It Mobile-friendly?
The plugin should be designed keeping both desktop and mobile users in mind.
It’s crucial that the plugin’s output renders properly on mobile screens. There should also be an option to disable the plugin on mobile.
10. Does It Offer Decent Customization Options?
Good plugins give you enough options to customize the output to match your personal preferences.
For example, in the case of share buttons, you should have options to adjust how they look and exactly where they are displayed.
The 23 Best Social Media Plugins for Your WordPress Site
Now that we have looked at the basic criteria for selecting the best plugin, let’s take a look at some great social media plugins you can use on your website that lives up to these standards.
We went ahead and reviewed each plugin inside out to help you make the right choice.
At the end of each plugin, we give you the upsides of the plugin and the possible downsides so you can decide for yourself if the plugin is a good fit for you or not.
We have also tested each plugin using Pingdom’s Website Speed Test Tool to see if it adds too many unnecessary files that will slow down your site.
With each plugin, you will see a Pingdom result that tells you how many extra kilobytes and new HTTP requests the plugin added. We find this by comparing the file size and HTTP requests before and installing the plugin.
A quick note about the tests we conducted:
For social share buttons, we tested the performance impact for displaying inline as well as float buttons for 4 social networks.
For all other plugins, we tested how much the plugin impacted performance upon installation. It is to be noted though that page load speeds can be impacted because of a variety of reasons.
So unless there is a massive change (that remains consistent for many subsequent tests), the page load metric should only be viewed as a rough metric and not an absolute value.
Also, we did not find any such massive changes in page load speeds for any of the plugins on this list.
Without further adieu, let’s dive in and check out the best social media plugins for WordPress.
Social Sharing Buttons
1. Social Snap
If you are looking for an easy to use a plugin that will allow you to display both social share and social follow buttons, then Social Snap is a great plugin choice for you.
This is a relatively new plugin (has over 7000 installs as of writing this article), but has awesome reviews and is growing in popularity.
Let us look at what you can expect from this plugin.
As per our tests, this plugin tends to increase the page size by 228 kilobytes while adding 3 new requests (1 JS, 1 CSS, and 1 TTF files) to the server (to display inline and float buttons from 4 different networks).
This might cause a slight increase in your page load times, but nothing significant to be worried about.
Also, this plugin uses a cache system for share counts to ensure minimum impact on page load speeds.
As you will notice from the image below, this plugin has a clean and well thought out interface.
However, as it’s a totally custom interface, it feels very different from the “WordPress Design”
The free version of this plugin currently supports 4 networks (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Mix) along with Email and Print. The paid version supports over 30 networks including Pinterest, WhatsApp, Telegram, Buffer, Reddit, Yum and Skype.
The free version of this plugin allows you to display Share counts for Facebook, LinkedIn, Mix and Email.
To get Facebook counts, you have the option to use the Social Snap App (which is an easier option) or use your own Facebook API keys (you will need to create a Facebook App to use this option).
You also have the option to use SharedCount.com to get your share counts. Twitter share counts are available only in the paid version.
Inline and floating buttons:
You have an option to display both, inline and floating sidebar buttons. Floating buttons can be displayed on the left and right sidebar.
Although, one issue is that you cannot customize the positioning of the float buttons.
For example, you cannot set a specific height after which the float buttons should start appearing. Also, the float icons stick to the right or left screen.
There is no option to float them next to the content.
Button customization options:
As for the customization, you have an option to select between four-button shapes (Rounded, Circle, Rectangle and Slanted) and three sizes (Small, Medium and Large).
With the paid version, you get even more customization options like entrance/hover animations, button colors, etc.
The buttons are fully responsive and look great on all screens. You also have an option to hide the buttons on mobile.
Social follow buttons:
As discussed earlier, this plugin allows you to display your Social Follow buttons with a counter.
The free version gives you access to 6 networks – Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Tumblr, and Mix.
Once set-up, you can display these buttons anywhere on your site using WordPress widgets (Appearance > Widgets) or shortcodes as shown in the image below.
You even get Gutenberg Blocks with this plugin so you can easily embed Social Media buttons inside your pages or posts manually.
Share buttons on media files:
A unique feature you get with this plugin is the ability to display share buttons on image files as can be seen in the image below. This will allow your users to share their favorite images increasing your overall social shares.
Click to Tweet:
The free version has a handy ‘Click to Tweet’ option and gives you a choice of 6 different styles to choose from.
You have the option to disable user cookies and storing user data to comply with GDPR.
Now let us see what you get with the paid version.
Social meta tags:
It allows you to add custom social meta tags for all your posts and pages.
Recover share counts:
It allows you to recover social share counts in case of URL changes.
It offers advanced statistics that will allow you to track shares, views, and likes.
You can filter results by location, date, and networks as well as see which posts are performing better than others.
Minimum share count:
This option allows you to display counts only after you have reached a minimum value so you can avoid negative social proof.
The paid version also gives you access to really powerful add-ons like social login (allows your users to login using their favorite social media accounts ), Boost Old Posts (automatically share old posts to social media) and Social Auto Poster (allows you to automatically share new content on Twitter and LinkedIn).
You can get the paid version at $39/year.
If you are looking for the add-ons as well, that will cost you $99/year. This includes the currently available Add-ons as well as planned Add-ons like Facebook Messenger Chat and Content Locker.
Benefits of Social Snap Plugin
- This is the only plugin (in our list) that allows you to display both social share buttons, as well as social media follow buttons with follow counts.
- Beautiful sleek buttons are available in a variety of shapes and sizes.
- You get two easy options to get Facebook share counts. You can either use the Social Snap App or get your share count using SharedCount.com. This way you need not bother with creating a Facebook App which can be time-consuming.
- Option to hide individual buttons on mobile.
- Option to display share buttons on images that will increase social sharing.
- ‘Click to Tweet’ option is available with the free version.
- Powerful Add-ons and features available with the paid version.
- Pinterest button is not available in the free version.
- No option to customize the positioning of float icons (as discussed earlier).
- The plugin tends to add a very prominent meta box to your WordPress backend (on the ‘add post’ page) which can be useful but also cause clutter. Although this meta box can be disabled.
2. Sassy Social Share
Sassy Social Share is a free plugin that allows you to add sharing buttons for over 100 social networks!
Let us have a quick look at the various features this plugin has to offer:
Sassy Social Share seems to add around 312 extra kilobytes to the overall page size to display inline and float buttons for 4 networks. It also adds around 3 extra requests (1 JS and 2 CSS files) to the server.
Therefore, there will be a mild decrease in your page load speeds, but nothing too significant to worry about.
As you can see from the following image, the interface is a little basic and there are many options crammed into a small space. But nevertheless, you won’t find it too hard to configure.
This plugin supports over 100 networks and that is one of its standout features.
This plugin has the option to show share counts for Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Buffer, Reddit and Pinterest. Facebook share counts are displayed using Facebook API and Twitter using Twitcount (requires registration).
So this means, you will have to create a Facebook App (which can be time-consuming) in order to see share counts.
Inline and floating buttons:
You get an option to display both inline and floating buttons. The floating buttons can be displayed on the left or right of your screen.
You also get options to customize the positioning of the floating button by setting a top and left/right offset values. This allows you to display the floating button exactly where you want it.
Button customization options:
The share buttons are fully customizable and you have the option to change the shape, size, logo color, background color, border width/color, on-hover color, and counter position.
The following is an example of customized buttons that have a circular shape and a red background color.
The buttons are fully responsive and there is an option to hide buttons on mobile.
Share count caching:
This plugin also comes with a cache-control option that allows you to set a time frame after which to refresh the share counts.
Refreshing share counts frequently can cause your website to slow down, so you can use this option to set a longer cache duration.
This plugin is also GDPR compliant as it does not install any cookies on the user’s device. It is also compatible with AMP and is mobile responsive.
The plugin does not have a pro version, but you have an option to enhance its functionality using paid add-ons. Some useful paid add-ons are as follows:
Recover social share count:
It allows you to recover social share counts in case of URL or domain name changes.
Fancy comments pro:
It allows you to customize your Facebook comment layout along with other features like comment moderation, notifications, etc.
Social sharing analytics:
Allows you to integrate social sharing data with Google Analytics so you can track and count shares on your webpages. You can see which articles are shared most, the most used social networks, track Facebook Like/Recommend etc.
Benefits of Sassy Social Share Plugin
- The free version supports over a hundred networks. So if you want more options then this is the right plugin for you.
- Buttons are fully customizable so you can make them look as per your personal preference or in accordance with your website design.
- The position of the float buttons can be adjusted so you can configure exactly where the floating buttons appear on the screen.
- The interface is a little cluttered and hence will require some getting used to before you can figure out all the settings.
- No option to display shares after a minimum share count has been reached (displaying a low share count could lead to negative social proof).
- Share counts can only be displayed using Facebook API. So you will need to create a Facebook App which can be time-consuming.
3. Grow by Mediavine (formerly Social Pug)
Social Pug is a popular social share plugin with over 80,000+ active installs and some great reviews.
Let’s see what you get with this plugin.
SocialPug seems to add around 147 additional kilobytes to your page size (to display inline and float buttons for 4 networks). The plugin also adds around 3 new requests (1 JS, 1 CSS and 1 Font file), but the overall impact on page loads is negligible, so you are good to go.
This plugin has a clean and professional user interface as you can see from the image below.
The free version of this plugin supports four networks that include Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and LinkedIn. You also get an option to add Email and Print.
The paid version supports 12 more networks.
The plugin has an option to show social shares (individual as well as total) – for Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.
For Facebook, you have the option to use the Social Pug App (which is easier) or the Facebook Graph API.
In addition, the plugin can also help you show twitter counts after integration with Twitcount.
Inline and floating buttons:
You can display both inline as well as floating buttons with this plugin.
For floating buttons, the positions available are left and right sidebar. Although, you don’t get any options to adjust the position of the floating bar. The bar sticks to the left or right screen by default.
Button customization options:
You have options to change the shape of the share button to round, circle, rectangle. For inline buttons, you also get an option to change the button width.
Buttons are responsive and you get an option to hide the buttons on mobile.
You get an option to add your Twitter username to all tweets. This can help you get more twitter followers.
This plugin is GDPR compliant and does not collect, store or distribute any user information.
The paid version of this plugin has some really great features. Let’s take a quick look at what you get.
Popup social share buttons:
This option allows you to display a set of social share buttons (as a Popup) when the user is about the leave your page or after the user has spent a certain amount of time on your page as shown in the following image. This is a great option and can lead to a lot more social shares.
Mobile sticky social share buttons:
You get an option to display a set of sticky social share buttons at the bottom of mobile screens to increase mobile shares.
You can integrate the plugin’s data with Google Analytics for tracking your social shares.
Minimum share count:
This option allows you to show share counts only after a minimum count has been reached. This is good to avoid negative social proof.
Share count recovery:
It helps you recover your share counts in case of URL changes.
Click to Tweet:
Allows you to add customizable ‘Click to tweet’ buttons within your posts.
The price for the pro version is $34 for one website. It includes 1 year of support and updates.
Benefits of Social Pug Plugin
- Clean interface and intuitive settings so you can easily make the changes you want.
- Ability to get Twitter counts and use Twitter username in the Tweets. This can help you get more Twitter followers.
- Option to get Facebook share counts using their own App, so you don’t need to create a Facebook App yourself.
- No option to adjust the positioning of the floating buttons so you are stuck with the default float button that sticks to the left/right screen. You cannot, for instance, move the position so it is closer to the content.
4. Easy Social Share
Easy Social Share Buttons is an extremely popular plugin available on CodeCanyon that allows you to display beautiful social share buttons, social follow buttons as well as social chat and email subscription buttons.
This plugin is stacked with functionalities; so many that it might even overwhelm you.
Let’s see what this plugin has to offer.
We found that this plugin tends to add around 474 additional kilobytes to the page size and around 8 new HTTP requests (to display inline and float buttons for 4 social networks). This is higher than all plugins on this list. But still, the impact on load time is not very high, so you don’t need to worry.
Plus the plugin uses a cache system for share counts (and follow counts) to minimize the impact on page load times.
As you can see from the image below, this plugin has a ton of settings; but everything is still neatly arranged into intuitive sections. Nevertheless, staring at a screen with so many settings can make you feel overwhelmed at first glance. This is an interface that will take some time getting used to.
Luckily, the plugin allows you to disable functionalities that you do not need.
This plugin supports well over 50 networks. This includes all popular networks like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Telegram, WhatsApp, Tumblr, and Reddit, to name a few.
You get the option to display both individual and total share counts.
This plugin gives you the option to display internal share counts as well. This means the plugin will automatically calculate share counts based on the number of clicks received on each social button.
You also get the option to fetch and display Facebook and Twitter counts. For Facebook, you will need to create your own API keys. For Twitter, you have the option to use Twitcount.com or Opensharecount.com.
Inline and floating buttons:
This plugin supports both inline and floating buttons. In addition, it also supports top/bottom floats, bottom/corner bar floats, fly-ins, popup, on media and a lot more, as you can see from the image below.
Plus, you get complete customization options with all these button types.
Button customization options:
To say that this plugin allows you to customize your buttons would be an understatement.
You get a ton of customization options available to personalize every single aspect of your share buttons. You can change the shape, size, style, color, counter position, animations and a lot more.
Plus, you also get to choose from this plugin’s extensive style library.
The buttons are fully responsive and you get options to turn off specific buttons for mobile.
Social follow buttons:
This plugin also allows you to display social follow buttons along with counters for many networks including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, YouTube, SoundCloud and more. Although, you will need to set-up API keys for each of these networks to see the counts. You also have an option to display your own counts.
Now let’s look at some additional features this plugin has to offer.
Custom share messages:
You can set custom URL, title, description, image, author name etc. for every single post/page. This way, you can control what exactly gets shared by your users.
In addition to the share and follow buttons, this plugin also allows you to display email subscription forms to your users. The forms can be displayed in the form of a popup or as a flyout based on the user’s behavior.
For example, when the user has spent x amount of time on the site or is about to leave.
You get support for a variety of email platforms like MailChimp, GetResponse, MailPoet, MailerLite and CampaignMonitor, to name a few.
After share events:
This option allows you to configure an event to trigger after the user has shared your content. This could be a thank you message, an opt-in form, a like/follow box or even links to popular posts. This is a great way to increase your follower counts and site traffic.
If you would like to track how your visitors are interacting with your share buttons then you have the option to turn on internal click tracking and analytics. You also have an option to send data to your Google Analytics account.
You get an option to add social chat to your website using WhatsApp, Viper, Facebook Messenger or Skype. The in-depth settings allow you to decide exactly where and when to display the chat.
Share count recovery:
If you have lost your share counts because of a URL or domain name change, then this plugin can help you get them back.
Plus, you can get all of this for as little as $20!
Benefits of Easy Social Share Plugin
- This plugin allows you to add social share buttons as well as social follow buttons with counters.
- Has a set-up wizard to help you quickly configure the most common functions.
- To help you get more shares, you get a ton of options to display your share buttons like popups, fly-ins, top/bottom float, corner bar float etc.
- You get access to in-depth analytics so you know which content and what type of buttons on your site are getting maximum engagement. This way, you can tweak your settings to get even more shares.
- Gives you access to powerful tools like ‘After Share Events’ that allow you to interact with users who have shared your content. You can pitch them your product, show them an email subscription box or even display your social follow buttons. Some other tools include social chat, email subscription forms, and share count recovery.
- You get a ton of customization options so you can customize the position and look/feel of the share buttons to your liking.
- Internal counters to count social share and follow button clicks.
- There are way too many settings. You will need to spend some time on the settings page to understand everything that is available.
5. Social Warfare
Another powerful plugin to add beautiful, responsive social share buttons to your site is Social Warfare.
Here’s what you get with this plugin.
As per our test, this plugin tends to add 147 additional kilobytes to your page size (to display inline and float buttons for 4 social networks). It also adds 3 new requests (1 JS, 1 CSS and 1 font file). But the overall impact on the page load speed is not that high, so you are good to go.
The plugin comes with a clean and easy to use interface as you can see from the image below.
The free version supports five networks which include Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and Mix. The paid version gives you access to 8 more networks which include, Reddit, Tumblr, Yummly, WhatsApp, Pocket, Buffer, Hacker News and Flipboard.
This plugin lets you show share counts for Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and LinkedIn. You get an option to display both total share counts and individual counts. Although, there is no information on how they get Facebook and Twitter counts. We could not get them to work in our test.
Inline and floating buttons:
Supports both inline and floating buttons. The floating option allows you to display buttons on the top and bottom of the page in addition to the standard left and right positions. Although the settings available to control the positioning of these float buttons is pretty basic.
For example, you don’t have an option to determine when the left/right or bottom float button will appear on the page.
Currently, the float buttons appear after the user has scrolled a certain area of the page like the following image shows.
Button customization options:
One drawback of this plugin is that you don’t have any customization options available with the free version. You have to stick with the standard buttons available with the plugin. Although, it has to be said that the standard buttons look pretty good.
The paid version allows you to choose between 6 different button shapes and 8 different color themes. You can also choose custom colors for your buttons.
Buttons are fully responsive but we could not find any option to hide the share buttons for mobile.
Here’s what you get with the paid version:
The paid version allows you to integrate plugin data with Google Analytics, so you can track clicks on your share buttons and also see the kind of traffic the shared links are generating.
It allows you to add custom images and descriptions to be used while your links are shared on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.
Apart from these, you get other features like minimum share counts, share count recovery and link shortening.
The paid version will cost you $29/year for a single site.
Benefits of Social Warfare Plugin
- Option to add top and bottom float buttons (along with the standard left/right buttons) which can help increase your social media shares.
- Has an option to display popular posts based on share counts using WordPress Widgets.
- Limited options to adjust positions for float buttons as discussed earlier.
- We were not able to get the share counts for Facebook or Twitter and there is no information on how the plugin gets these counts.
- No option to turn off share buttons for mobile.
AddtoAny is a simple social sharing plugin that is super easy to set-up and use.
Here’s what the plugin has to offer.
AddtoAny adds around 7 additional requests to your server and increases your page size by around 176KB (for displaying inline and floating buttons for 4 networks). So you will see a mild increase in your page load times, but nothing too significant to be worried about.
This plugin has a super clean and easy to use interface as you can see from the image below.
This plugin supports over 100 networks very similar to the Sassy Social Share Plugin.
This plugin has an option to display share counts for Facebook, Pinterest and other networks like Reddit. Although the Facebook share counter doesn’t seem to be working as per our tests. Also, there is no information on how they calculate the Facebook share counts.
Inline and floating buttons:
In addition to the standard inline buttons, you get an option to display vertical as well as horizontal floating buttons.
Horizontal buttons automatically appear once the user has scrolled a certain area of the screen. You can configure this in the settings. This is the same feature we saw earlier on Social Warfare.
But unlike Social Warfare, you also get an option to customize the positioning of these floating buttons. For example, you can configure after how many pixels from the top should the horizontal buttons appear.
Button customization options:
You don’t get too many customization options with this plugin. Share icons can only be increased in size, not in shape. So you are stuck with the default square-shaped icons. Although, you can change the icon color as well as the background color.
The buttons are fully responsive but there is no option to hide the inline buttons on mobile. You only have an option to hide the floating buttons on mobile.
Benefits of AddtoAny Plugin
- Option to display horizontal share buttons that appear automatically after the user has scrolled a certain section of the page. This can help increase social sharing.
- Option to adjust the positioning of float buttons so you position them close to the content, fixed to the screen or any other position you want them to appear.
- Supports hundreds of networks in the free version. So if you need a specific network that other plugins are not supporting, you just might find it here.
- Even though there is an option to display Facebook counts, the count doesn’t seem to work as per our test.
- No caching option for displaying share counts and no information on how the share counts are calculated. This means, your page load speeds could take a hit while displaying share counts because the plugin will need to recalculate the share counts each time the page loads.
- There is no option to disable inline share buttons. So if you only want floating buttons, you have no option but to also show the inline buttons as well.
- There is also no option to hide inline share buttons on mobile.
Social Follow Icons
7. Social Icons Widget by WPZoom
Social Icons by WPZoom lets you display beautiful social follow icons on your WordPress blog.
The icons are customizable and you can change their size, color, border-radius, border width, and alignment.
You can set-up the plugin and customize your icons right from your WordPress widget area (Appearance > Widgets).
The following image shows how the standard icons look on your website.
We found that this plugin does tend to add around 8 additional requests (a few CSS, JS, TFF and font files) upon installation, but it does not seem to have any significant impact on the page load speeds. So you are good to go.
Benefits of Social Icons Widget by WPZoom
- Really easy to set-up and display the follow buttons using WordPress widgets.
- Beautiful icons that are fully customizable so you can get them looking as per your personal preference.
- No option to show follower count. Showing follower counts can help increase social proof.
8. Accesspress Social Counter
Accesspress Social Counter lets you display social follow icons too, but unlike ‘Social Icons by WPZoom’, it has an option to also display your follower counts.
In addition, this plugin offers you a range of beautifully designed templates to choose from as you can see from the image below.
All these are fully responsive and mobile-friendly.
The plugin also comes with cache settings, where you can set how many hours to wait before updating the count. Frequent updates can negatively impact your page load speeds.
In order to display follower counts, you first need to set-up all your social media accounts which can be a little tricky for some networks.
For example, in order to set-up a Twitter account, you first need to create a Twitter App and then enter the App keys and access token (which you can get from Twitter after creating the App) in the space provided, as shown in the image below. But this can cause a little delay as Twitter needs to approve your App first.
The same is the case with creating accounts for Instagram, YouTube, and Soundcloud.
For Facebook, the plugin allows you to sign-up using a Third Party API which is comparatively easier.
Once the accounts are set-up, you can display the icons using a shortcode or as a WordPress widget.
You also have an option to set default counts, which will be shown if there is a problem with getting the actual counts using the API keys.
This plugin does not add too many extra requests and does not cause any significant delay in the page load times.
Benefits of Accesspress Social Counter Plugin
- Beautiful follow buttons with five different designs to choose from.
- You can easily display the buttons using WordPress widgets.
- Has cache settings, so you can control how often this plugin can fetch real-time follower count. This can help reduce page load issues.
- It is difficult to set up every social media account as you will need to create an App with each network and generate your own API keys (except for Facebook as discussed earlier).
Social Media Review Feeds
9. WP Review Slider
WP Review Slider by LJ Apps allows you to download and display your Twitter and Facebook reviews using a multitude of pre-build as well as custom layouts.
As you would be aware, positive reviews help increase social proof resulting in more trust and thereby higher conversions.
To get this plugin working you need to integrate your Facebook page (and Twitter account) with the plugin. This is fairly easy as the plugin allows you an automated way to do this.
All that you got to do is click the ‘Get Access Code Here’ button (as shown in the image below), sign in to your Facebook (or Twitter) account and click the authorize button to authorize the plugin to import reviews.
Once that is done, the plugin automatically starts to import reviews from Facebook (and Twitter).
You can then select whatever reviews you want to use and create a review list that can be displayed on your site. For Twitter, the plugin can automatically search for and download reviews related to your products/services.
The following image shows the list of Twitter reviews imported by the plugin.
You can display the reviews on your site using a shortcode or through WordPress widgets. There are a ton of customization options available to you. You can display the reviews in the form of a slider, a grid or a list.
The following is an example of how the reviews look like on a slider.
And the following image is an example of a grid-style display.
This plugin also allows you to view in-depth analytics of your reviews right within your WordPress dashboard. You can see popular tags, most reviewed products, filter results and a lot more.
In addition to Facebook and Twitter, LJ Apps also offers standalone free plugins for Google Places, Airbnb, TripAdvisor, and others.
Although, if you want to display reviews from multiple networks, then you might want to consider a subscription to their paid plan.
In addition to Facebook, the paid version allows you to display reviews (in a mix and matched way) from various sources like Yelp, TripAdvisor, Google Places, Airbnb, VRBO and WooCommerce.
The paid plan starts at $29/year for a single site.
This plugin tends to add around 6 new requests (4 CSS and 2 JS files) and increases the page size by 152 kilobytes. But we didn’t see any major impact on the page load speeds. The only issue is that this plugin loads its JS and CSS files on all pages irrespective of whether or not that page has a review box displayed.
Benefits of WP Review Slider Plugin
- Really easy to set-up and use. All you need to do is grant access to the plugin to read your Facebook reviews which you can do using their in-built app. For Twitter, you can either create a Twitter App or use a Twitter search option which is easier.
- You can display the reviews using Shortcodes or WordPress widgets. You also have the option to use PHP code which you can add directly to your WordPress template.
- The free version supports only Facebook and Twitter reviews. For “Google Places”, you will need to join their paid plan. Although they do have a free plugin to display reviews only from Google Places, so if that’s all you need, you can use their free plugin instead.
- The free version gives you access to limited styles and formatting.
10. Business Reviews Widget for Elementor (from Ultimate Addons for Elementor)
If you use a page builder like Elementor then you can easily display social reviews on your site by using the Business Reviews Widget from Ultimate Addons for Elementor.
The Business Reviews widget, allows you to display reviews from Google as well as Yelp in beautiful Grid as well as Casserole formats.
To use this widget, you will first need to add your Google Business API key and/or Yelp API key (depending on which network(s) you want to use).
To do this, after installing Ultimate Addons for Elementor , go to ‘Settings > UAE’ and then click on the ‘settings’ link next to Business Reviews widget (refer to the image below).
On the page that follows, you can add your API keys and click on save changes. If you don’t know how to get these keys, this plugin has a link to detailed tutorials that you can refer to.
Once the API keys have been added, you can add Google or Yelp reviews easily from Elementor’s widget menu.
All you need to do is edit your page with Elementor, create a new section (where you want to display the reviews) and simply drag and drop the Business Reviews widget.
Once done, the widget’s settings will open up in the left sidebar where you can make all the required customizations.
Under the General settings, you can select between displaying reviews from Google, Yelp or both together. You also have options to set the number of days after which the reviews need to be refreshed.
Under the layout tab, you can choose between displaying the reviews in a Grid or Casserole format, the number of reviews to display, number of columns and column height.
You also have the option to display only reviews with a minimum rating. This way, you can keep lower ratings from displaying.
This plugin also allows you to add Schema to your reviews so you can benefit from the SEO perspective.
Along with the Business Widget, Ultimate Add-ons for Elementor includes a whole array of useful widgets like the Google maps, image gallery, video gallery, marketing buttons, timeline (to display timeline charts), countdown timer, form stylers (for WPForms, Gravity form etc.), hotspots (interactive images) and modal popups to name a few.
And you get all this starting at $49/year!
Another great aspect of this plugin is that it loads its files (JS, CSS files), only on pages where the widgets are used. For example, if you load 6 widgets to one page, the plugin files will load only on that page and not on any other page of your website.
Benefits of Business Reviews Widget (from UAE)
- This is the easiest option to display reviews if you are using Elementor or Beaver Builder on your site.
- You can add reviews anywhere on your site through a simple drag and drop.
- Plenty of customization options so you can display the reviews as per your preference.
- It allows you to add Schema which can benefit you from the SEO perspective.
- It does not support Facebook reviews. It only allows you to display reviews from Google Places and Yelp.
11. Business Reviews Module for Beaver Builder (from Ultimate Addons for Beaver Builder)
If your page builder of choice is Beaver Builder, then you can use the Business Reviews Module in the Ultimate Addons For Beaver Builder plugin to easily display social reviews on your website. The Business Reviews Module allows you to display reviews from Google as well as Yelp.
To set-up the plugin (to display reviews), you will first need to add API keys for Google and/or Yelp which you can do by going to Settings > UABB > General Settings.
If you don’t know how to get these keys, you can refer to the simple tutorial given by this plugin.
Once the API keys are added, you can add social reviews anywhere on your site by clicking and dragging the ‘Business Reviews’ module, which can easily be located under the Modules tab of Beaver Builder’s edit screen.
You can make all the required customizations for your reviews using the menu which will appear once you add the business reviews module. The settings are exactly similar to what we saw for the Ultimate Addons for Elementor plugin.
Under the general settings, you can select the number of reviews to display, the layout (grid or carousel), the number of columns and the hours to wait before reloading the reviews.
The style, layout and typography tabs allow you to customize the look and feel of the reviews to your liking. You also have the option to filter reviews by rating to avoid negative social proof and add schema markup to your reviews for getting more traffic from search engines.
Ultimate Addons For Beaver Builder, offers you a ton of other modules in addition to Business Reviews. Some of them include photo gallery, video gallery, image carousel, interactive banner, before/after slider, countdown, fancy text (allows you to add amazing animation effects to text), flip box (allows you to add dual site content on information boxes), hotspot (for making your images interactive), advanced content modules, lead generation modules and more.
You can get Ultimate Addons For Beaver Builder for $69/year.
This plugin also caches your reviews to enhance performance. You can also set the number days after which to discard the cache and reload the reviews.
Benefits of Business Reviews Module (from UABB)
- Extremely easy to use. All you need to do is drag the Business Reviews Module where you want to display the reviews and customize the look and feel using the intuitive settings.
- You can display reviews as a grid or carousel. You also have plenty of customization options so you can tweak the output to look exactly how you want it to.
- You get the option to add Schema which can benefit you from the SEO perspective.
- You get a ton of useful modules with the plugin in addition to the Business Reviews Module (as we saw before).
- It does not support Facebook reviews. It only allows you to display reviews from Google Places and Yelp.
12. Google Reviews Widget by RichPlugins
Google Review Widget allows you to display reviews from your Google Places account to your WordPress site. So if you have an active Google Places account, then this is the plugin for you.
All that you have to do to get this plugin working is to add and activate your Google Places API key. Although, the plugin does not offer you an automated way to do this.
You will instead need to create and use your own API keys; instructions for which are given by the plugin (as shown in the image below).
Once the key is activated, the plugin starts importing your Google reviews to your WordPress database which you can then display on your site using WordPress widgets.
You can also display the reviews using Shortcodes but they are only supported in the paid version.
Reviews can be displayed using a List, Grid or Slider format. Although, the free version only allows you to display lists.
The following is an example of a grid-style display.
Here’s an example of a slider.
The paid version of this plugin allows you to display combined reviews from Google, Facebook, and Yelp and is priced at $85/year.
Upon installation, this plugin adds 50KB of additional page size and around 2 additional requests to all pages of your site. This is not much, but it would have been better if the plugin added these files only on pages that displayed the reviews.
Benefits of Google Reviews Widget by RichPlugins
- Simple and easy to use interface.
- A great option if you only intend to use reviews from Google Places.
- You will need to create your own API keys for Google Places which can be a time-consuming process. There is no other option available.
- The free version allows you to display reviews only through WordPress widgets. It does not support shortcodes, so you won’t be able to display reviews within your WordPress posts and pages. Shortcodes are supported only in the paid version.
- The free version only allows you to display reviews in the form of a list. Slider and grid format displays are available only in the paid version.
Social Media Content Feeds
13. Spotlight Social Media Feeds
With an overall 5-star rating, Spotlight is one of the best WordPress plugins for displaying your social media feeds. It comes in both a free and paid version with loads of customization options, ensuring that your feed is displayed beautifully on any website.
Spotlight currently comes with 4 design layouts: Grid, Masonry, Highlight and Slider. The plugin is fully responsive so you can control the way your feed will look on mobile or tablet devices.
The developers behind Spotlight wanted to create a plugin that is so easy to use, even a total WordPress novice will be able to display their feeds in less than 7 clicks. Once you install the plugin, all you need to do is pick a template (or design your own), connect your Instagram account/s (you can connect as many as you like) and embed the feed anywhere you want.
You can choose to show tagged or hashtag posts from all over Instagram and use Spotlight’s bio link feature to drive traffic from Instagram to your posts and pages. Bio link is an innovative feature that links to your site directly from an image or bio without using third party services.
It could potentially drive a lot of traffic to your website.
Spotlight Instagram Setup
The next step is to customize your feed with Spotlight’s over 40 customization options. To make things easier, Spotlight comes with a live interactive preview right in your WordPress dashboard.
Have a look at the various feed styles you can achieve with Spotlight below:
Spotlight PRO also allows you to filter and moderate your feed. This means you can manually select which posts to show on your website with just a few clicks. You can also link Instagram posts to blog posts, pages, WooCommerce products, and more.
Once you’re done customizing your feed, you can use the shortcode, WordPress widget, Gutenberg block or Elementor widget to display your feed anywhere on your website.
The plugin loads 297Kb of JS and CSS on the site. You can choose to load feeds instantly or have them load in the background. In either case, the impact on page loading speed is imperceptible. Data fetched from Instagram is also cached in the site’s database, so feeds on the site will load as quickly as your site can allow.
Benefits of Spotlight Social Media Feeds
- A live interactive preview in the backend of your WordPress site. You won’t need to switch between screens to get a clear picture of what your feed will look like.
- Spotlight is extremely easy to use.
- The ability to use Instagram to promote your blog posts or products by linking to them from your Instagram feed.
- Display hashtag and tagged feeds to promote your business.
- The free version only comes with the Grid layout, meaning that if you want to access the rest of the layouts, you’ll have to upgrade to PRO.
- Spotlight can currently only import feeds from Instagram.
14. Smash Balloon Social Photo Feed
The Social Photo Feed plugin by Smash Balloon is an extremely popular plugin (over 900,000 installations and 5-star rating) that allows you to display photos from your Instagram in a beautiful grid, carousel or masonry format.
The feeds are automatically updated and the layouts are fully responsive so they display perfectly on mobile as well.
You get the option to display images using a screen name, hashtag or a search keyword.
Getting this plugin to work is easy as they offer you an option to quickly connect to your Instagram account.
All you need to do is click the ‘Connect an Instagram Account’ button, login to your Instagram account and authorize the plugin.
Once set-up, you can display your Instagram feeds anywhere on your site using shortcodes or WordPress widgets.
The following is an example of Instagram pictures displayed in a masonry format. Once a user clicks on any of these images, they open up as a lightbox style pop-up.
Smash Balloon also offers standalone plugins to display Facebook and Twitter feeds. With Facebook, you have the option to display your timeline, photos, albums, and videos.
Upon installation, the plugin increases the page size by 242 kilobytes and generates 5 additional HTTP requests. But the overall impact on page speed is negligible, so you are good to go. The plugin also automatically caches the data it receives from Instagram so its effect on your site’s performance will be minimal.
Benefits of Smash Balloon Social Photo Feed
- The plugin offers an easy option to connect your Instagram account.
- Extensive customization options are available to display your feeds. You can select the width, height, background color, hover styles and padding, just to name a few.
- Option to display multiple feeds using different layouts. Layouts can be customized using the shortcodes itself. For example, you can use this shortcode [instagram-feed num=9 cols=3] to display 9 images by arranging them into 3 columns.
- Ability to auto-check and update feeds based on a pre-set time value for improved performance.
- The free version allows you to display your feeds only in a Grid format. Other formats like Carousel, Masonry, and Highlight are only available in the paid version.
- No option to display Facebook, Twitter and Instagram feed together. You will need to install three different plugins if you want to display feeds for each network.
15. Feed Them Social
Feed Them Social is a mammoth plugin that allows you to add responsive feeds from various social networks including Facebook. Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube to your WordPress site. The feeds are automatically updated.
To use this plugin, you first need to get your Access keys from each of the social networks you intend to use. Luckily this plugin has an option to generate these keys quickly.
For example, to create your Twitter keys, go to ‘Twitter Options’ in the plugin settings and click on the ‘Login and get my access tokens’ button.
This will take you to Twitter where you need to login and Authorize the plugin to use your data by clicking on the ‘Authorize App’ button (image below).
The plugin will now auto-generate your keys. Once the keys are added, you can use the plugin’s shortcode generator to generate a shortcode for your Twitter feed (as shown in the image below).
This shortcode can be used anywhere you want to display the feed. You can use it right within your WordPress posts or in a widget.
The plugin has sections dedicated to each social network that make it easy to set them up.
The free version of the plugin only allows you to display your feeds in the form of a list.
The following is an example of Instagram images displayed in a beautiful 5 column grid format. This layout is only available in the paid version.
The following is an example of a YouTube feed with a big player and related videos listed as a grid. Again, this layout is available only in the paid version.
The paid version gives you even more functionalities that include combining content from different social networks into a single feed, more layout options and popup options to name a few.
Upon installation, the plugin adds around 232 kilobytes to the overall page size and generates around 5 additional HTTP requests. But the overall impact on page speed is minimal as per Pingdom.
This plugin also has a built-in cache system to minimize its impact on page load speeds.
Benefits of Feed Them Social
- Uses a cache system to reduce frequent requests that can impact page load times. You have the option to increase the cache duration to days or even weeks.
- The plugin gives you an option to quickly set-up your social networks (as we saw earlier). You also have the option to do this manually, which is a long process.
- It allows you to display your social network’s follow button along with the feeds. This can help in more sign-ups to your network.
- Supports a wide range of networks so you want to display feeds from different networks, you can use a single plugin instead of having to use multiple plugins.
- Ability to display mixed feeds from various social networks.
- The free version offers very limited features. For example, the free version does not allow you to display more than 6 videos/images/posts. Similarly, you only get a list based display. Grids are limited to the paid version.
- The free version displays the text ‘Powered by Feed Them Social‘ with a link back to the plugin site and there is no option to remove it.
16. Video Gallery – YouTube Playlist, Channel Gallery by YotuWP
YotuWP is a simple plugin that allows you to display your YouTube videos in a responsive video gallery. The videos can be displayed in a grid, list or mix format.
You can select the number of columns you need, limit videos per page and a lot more.
The following is an example of YouTube videos displayed in a grid format.
Clicking on the video thumbnails will open a popup/modal lightbox video player as shown in the image below.
All you need to start using this plugin is a YouTube API key which you can get by following this detailed guide put together by the plugin developer.
Once done, you can create as many video galleries as you want and display them wherever you want on your site using shortcodes. You can create galleries of YouTube playlists, channels or custom videos.
The following image shows you how to create a shortcode for a gallery for your YouTube channel, using your YouTube username.
This plugin also has a paid version that gives you access to more layouts like Carousel, Masonry layouts, Flip layout, Big Player Left/Right Layout, Video Data Overriding, Icon Hovers and more. The paid plan starts at $21 per site.
This is one of those rare plugins that adds its JS and CSS files only on pages that use the plugin. So upon installation, there will be no impact on your website’s performance. Kudos to the developer.
We also tested a page where this plugin in action. Here are the Pingdom results for a page displaying a YouTube feed of 6 videos per page (as shown in the image below). As you can see, the impact on page speed is not very significant.
In addition, this plugin comes with a cache system that can help reduce page load times even further.
Benefits of Video Gallery Plugin
- Supports shortcodes and hence you have the freedom to display the feed anywhere you want on your website. For example, WordPress posts, pages or widgets.
- Option to add (or remove) pagination to allow people to access more videos.
- A variety of layout styles available even in the free version. Even more in the paid version.
- This plugin adds its files only where required therefore not affecting any other page where the feed is not used.
- No quick method of getting the YouTube API Key. You have to get the keys manually which can be a lengthy process.
17. WP Social Ninja
WP Social Ninja is another social media plugin on our list that you should check out if you are looking for a compact social solution for your brand! It is a multipurpose tool powered by 29+ social networking sites that single-handedly replaces five plugins.
Basically, WP Social Ninja collects and showcases your social feeds, reviews, and testimonials. This super social tool also offers 14+ social chat widgets and helps you hook your site visitors with attention grabbing notification popups!
The integration process is extremely easy, and you can do it in no time. Install the plugin and configure the platforms you want to display social proof. To do that, simply click on the platform and create a template. It takes a minutes to integrate WP Social Ninja.
Once you have created a template, display the social feeds or reviews anywhere on your site with the help of a shortcode. The best part is inside the WPSN dashboard; you get a magic box that we call the template editor setting panel.
You can play with your social proof and customize, edit, decorate, and filter the way you want. Moreover, the feeds and reviews have auto-syncing options, so the data will be updated in real-time. But you can enable manual syncing and take full control.
WP Social Ninja has tons of features with different templates, layouts, and Style options. Showcase your different feeds to stand out with your brands, such as images, videos, posts, and many other things. See how you can do deep customization:
We wanted to create an all-in-one social media solution that can be fully personalized so you outshine everyone. You can add chat widgets to build strong communication with your potential customers to engage your customers. Moreover, you can adjust your chat widget, text, position, color, schedule, and more.
We tested a page with WP Social Ninja in action. Here, the plugin increases the page size by 190 kilobytes and generates 6 additional HTTP requests. WP Social Ninja also helps to reduce page speed and improve the performance grade.
Benefits of WP Social Ninja
- Multiple templates & layouts
- Advanced filter settings
- Custom reviews
- Fluent Forms integration
- Responsive query
- Translation option
- Popular page builder widget
- Export/Import reviews
WP Social Ninja requires updating the pro version to get all the advanced features, which are limited to the free version.
Social Media Auto Poster
18. Blog2Social: Social Media Auto Post & Scheduler
Blog2Social allows you to share your content with various social networks with the click of a button saving you tons of time and effort.
This plugin supports a wide range of social networks including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Tumblr and Medium.
Setting up the plugin requires you to connect your social media accounts with the plugin. You can do this easily by authorizing the Blog2social App.
For example, if you want to connect your Twitter account, go to the plugin’s ‘Networks’ tab and click on the ‘Twitter Profile’ button as shown in the image below.
Once clicked, you can authorize the Blog2Social App by entering your Twitter credentials and clicking on the ‘Authorize App’ button.
Once your accounts are connected, you can share posts to those networks with the click of a button. To do this, you can click on the ‘customize and schedule media posts’ (image below).
This will take you to a page where you can customize your message for each of your social networks. You can add a custom image, use hashtags and @-mentions to boost reshares and your follower count.
The free version allows you to post to a single profile from a specific social network, whereas the paid version allows you to share on multiple profiles, pages, and groups.
You also get options like Best Time Scheduler (where the plugin automatically shares your content at the best time so it gets maximum engagement), auto-schedule posts, content curation (sharing third-party content along with yours) and resharing old posts with the paid version.
Since this tool works in the backend it does not cause any performance issues on your website.
Benefits of Blog2Social
- Supports a wide range of networks (as discussed earlier).
- Easy option to connect your social networks using the Blog2Social App. All you need to do is log in to your network and authorize the App by clicking the Authorize App button as seen earlier.
- You can customize your message for each social network (based on what works best for that network). For example, for Twitter, you need to ensure that your characters are limited to 280 characters or less.
- Not the best looking interface. Might take getting used to.
- Adds a meta box with a green colored button (refer image above) to the WordPress document tab making the layout look a little cluttered.
19. FS Poster- Social Media Auto Poster and Scheduler
FS Poster social media auto posting plugin allows you to share and schedule your WordPress posts to 16 social networks.
FS Poster supports numerous social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Tumblr, Medium, Google My Business, Telegram, Reddit, VK.com, OK.ru, Plurk, Xing, Blogger, Discord, and WordPress-based websites.
To set up a plugin, you need to add your social media accounts. Adding an account is easy with the app method in FS Poster.
For example, If you want to add your Facebook account to FS Poster, go to the “Accounts” tab, choose Facebook and click on the “Add an Account” button.
Once clicked, you will be able to select the authorization method for Facebook. We recommend choosing an app method for authorization.
After this process, you will be able to share your post on Facebook automatically.
You can schedule your posts on social media with FS Poster. To do it go to the “Schedules” tab and click the “Schedule” button.
Then you can fill the parts in the “Add a new schedule” screen, as shown in the screenshot below.
Now FS Poster can auto share your blogs from WordPress to Facebook.
The free version of FS Poster lets you auto-post 5 posts per day instead, the premium version lets you auto-post unlimited posts. You can add unlimited accounts to 16 social networks with a premium account.
FS Poster is easy to use and the plugin interface is user-friendly and lets you add social network accounts in just a couple of clicks.
Benefits of FS Poster
- Supports 16+ social networks (premium version)
- Plugin has a lot of features including Instagram carousel scheduling; Instagram link in bio; first comment for Instagram, Twitter and Reddit; custom image, Facebook comments on website comments, etc.
- Direct share panel, which allows you to share or schedule custom content or images without creating WordPress posts.
- With the posting interval, you can control your posting interval.
- Track link clicks feature will let you track link clicks and compare your social networks.
- The free version allows you to share only on Facebook, Twitter, Vkontakte, LinkedIn, Tumblr, Odnoklassniki, and Reddit (auto-post 5 posts per day).
- Only one account can be activated on the free version.
20. WP to Buffer
If you use Buffer to schedule your social media posts, then this plugin will make your job even easier.
WP to Buffer allows you to auto-share your posts and pages to your Buffer account as soon as you publish them. Once on Buffer, the posts will be shared as per your schedule. This way the entire process is completely automated saving you time and effort.
All you need to do is authorize the plugin to post to your Buffer account.
To do this, click on the ‘Authorize Plugin’ button (as shown in the image below), login to your Buffer account and then click on the ‘Allow Access’ button on Buffer.
Once authorized, this plugin will import all your connected social networks from Buffer.
You can then enable which networks you want to use from the ‘Posts’ and ‘Pages’ tab of the plugin’s Settings page.
You can also set exactly what content to send to each network. For example, Title, URL, Post Excerpt, etc.
Once set, the plugin will automatically send the required details (Post title, URL, Featured image, etc.) to Buffer as soon as it is published. You should be able to see when the request was sent on the WordPress posts page.
Once on Buffer, the post will be shared as per your pre-set schedules.
As you can see, this plugin makes the entire process quick and seamless.
The free account allows you to publish to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, whereas the paid account (starts at $39/year) allows you to additionally post to Pinterest and Instagram.
The paid account also has a nifty feature to allow the reposting of old content to buffer.
Since this plugin works in the backend it does not cause any performance issues on your website.
Benefits of WP to Buffer
- Clean and intuitive interface.
- The plugin is really easy to set up and use. It automatically imports all your connected social networks from Buffer so you can select which ones to use.
- It allows you to configure exactly what content to send to each social network. For example, Title, URL, Page excerpts, Featured image, etc.
- Free version supports all the major networks including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- The free account does not support Pinterest and Instagram.
21. Social Champ WordPress Plugin
The Social Champ WordPress plugin allows you to directly publish WordPress blogs to your social media networks within a timeframe of 30 minutes. Whenever you update or schedule a post, page, or custom post, the plugin directly schedules it on the Social Champ account as well.
The Social Champ WordPress plugin has a clean user interface with vibrant colors and white background.
The plugin supports the following social media networks:
- Facebook pages and groups
- Instagram Business
- LinkedIn pages and groups
- Pinterest boards
- Twitter profiles
- Google My Business listings
Install the plugin from the WordPress website and connect with your Social Champ account in less than 5 minutes. Activate the plugin with your credentials and you are good to go!
Set up your WordPress plugin to automatically post all updates, custom posts, and pages to your social profiles.
Customizations for social posts
Extract titles, preferred feature images, and content snippets from WordPress articles and directly publish them to social media profiles. Using multiple tags, you can build a signature format to post as well.
Add posts to queue
If you don’t want to post content immediately, you can add social media posts to your Social Champ queue. The queue supports custom time zones and slots of your own choice. The queue posts your content in the order it was scheduled.
The plugin is light yet powerful. After syncing your SocialChamp account with WordPress, all of the operations are executed by Social Champ’s server so it doesn’t add any load to your WordPress website.
The plugin is planned and executed in such a way that it does not conflict with popular plugins and themes.
Benefits of Social Champ Plugins
- Supports all major social media networks, including Facebook groups and pages, LinkedIn profiles and pages, Instagram business, Twitter, Google Business Profiles, and Pinterest boards.
- Social media postings are fully customizable, so you can choose your preferred format and snippets from the blog.
- The plugin is super easy to use and has fully functional customer support on the parent platform.
- The plug-in is new so the functionality is limited, but the developers are working on expanding the feature base.
Social Logins & Comments
22. Nextend Social Login
If you run a forum, social network, or business that requires registration then one of the best ways you can encourage new registrations on your website is to shorten the registration process.
One way to do that is to allow users to register and log in using their favorite social media accounts. Plugins like Nextend Social Login allow you to do just that.
Nextend allows your users to register and log in using a wide range of social networks including Facebook, Twitter, Google, Amazon, Yahoo, WordPress, Discuss and LinkedIn.
In order to use any of these networks, you will first need to set them up. This plugin gives you detailed instructions on how to set-up each network.
For example, here are instructions (refer image below) on setting up a Twitter App so you can allow people to log in via their Twitter accounts.
Once you have set-up the accounts you can choose where you want the network icons to appear.
The free version of this plugin only allows you to display the icons on the standard WordPress registration and login forms as shown in the image below.
The paid version allows you to use social media logins for WooCommerce, Buddypress, MemberPlus, UserPro and Ultimate Member. You can also use it for WordPress comment forms.
The paid version starts at $50 (one-time payment) for one site.
As per our test, this plugin adds its files (JS, CSS and other files) only on pages where it is used. So if you use it only on your WordPress login/registration form, you will not have any additional increase to your page load speeds.
Benefits of Nextend Social Login
- Clean and intuitive interface.
- Detailed instructions on how to set-up each network so you can quickly set-up the required accounts.
- Supports a wide range of social networks so you can offer many login options to your users.
- You need to manually connect each social network you want to use by creating your own access keys. This can be a time-consuming process. Although, this plugin gives you detailed instructions on how to do that as we saw earlier.
- The free version only allows you to add social login icons to the standard WordPress login and registration forms.
23. AccessPress Social Login
Accesspress social login is a simple plugin that allows you to add social logins to your WordPress comments form as well as the login/registration form. It is also compatible with WooCommerce, BuddyPress, and Easy Digital Downloads.
The free version of this plugin supports logins through Facebook and Twitter.
The paid version supports many other networks including, Yahoo, Reddit, Tumblr, LinkedIn, Instagram, Foursquare, WordPress and Buffer.
To get this plugin working, you will first need to enable the social networks you need by using API keys. You will need to generate these keys yourself by logging into your social networks. The plugin offers detailed instructions on how to do that.
For example, the following image shows you instructions for getting the Twitter API key and API secret.
Once set-up, you can enable social logins on the WordPress login and comment form using the settings tab.
The following image is an example of how the social login icons appear on the WordPress login/registration form.
In terms of performance, we found that this plugin tends to add it’s files (JS, CSS, etc.) on all pages of your site instead of restricting them to pages where the plugin is used.
So for example, even if you use this plugin only on your WordPress login/registration page, it will still load its files on all pages of your site.
Benefits of AccessPress Social Login
- This plugin supports Shortcodes and Widgets, hence you can display social login forms anywhere you want on your site.
- The plugin offers you to choose from five different button styles.
- There is no quick way to set-up your networks. You will need to manually generate the API keys which can be a time-consuming process.
So there you have it, 23 of the very best social media plugins that you can use on your website to take your social marketing game to the next level.
Using these plugins in the right way can maximize your social media traffic, increase conversions, grow your social media following and boost customer engagement, trust and loyalty.
What is your favorite social media plugin? And what makes it your favorite?
Feel free to let us know in the comments below.
I love what Astra has done.
I would strongly recommend Social stream plugin to integrate my social media feed on my website.
That’s awesome, Mary! 🙂
I would love to talk to someone about helping me to implement these options for my website
Hello Tynesha, getting started with these plugins, should be really simple. Further, most of them have documentation for the same and active support.
This is a very helpful article, thank you for sharing this helpful content.
Thank you very much for this helpful post.