When was the last time you took a good look at your “Contact Us” page?
Are you still using the same WordPress contact form plugin you chose years ago?
Take a moment to think about how your site has evolved over the years and whether your contact form is still living up to your expectations.
For example, I’ve been using Jetpack’s contact form for years. It was a simple, effective feature of the plugin when I was just starting out.
But as my website has grown, my needs have too.
I need a contact form that does more than accept simple messages.
So today we’re looking at 16 of the best WordPress contact form plugins to suit a wide range of needs.
|Plugin||Features||Free Option?||Price for Pro|
|WP Forms||User-friendly and Quick to Setup. Readymade Form Templates.||✅||$79 / Year|
|Gravity Forms||Over 30+ Form Fields. Conditional Logic.||❌||$59 / Year|
|HubSpot WordPress Plugin||Email Marketing, Live Chat & Chatbots.||✅||N/A – 100% Free|
|Ultimate Addons for Elementor||Total customization. Honeypot protection and Google reCAPTCHA.||❌||$69 / Year|
|Ninja Forms||Entry management. Basic Email Marketing Integration.||✅||$99 / Year|
|Formidable Forms||Visual Style. Repeater Fields.||✅||$149 / Year|
|Kali Forms||Multi-page Forms. Predesigned Templates.||✅||$19 for 1 site|
|Fluent Forms||Drag and drop functionality. 25+ Pre-built Templates.||✅||$59 / Year|
|Formstack||Payment Processors. Conditional Logic.||❌||$19 / Month|
|Contact Form 7||Multiple Forms. Shortcode to Embed Form.||✅||N/A – 100% Free|
|Caldera Forms||Conditional Logic, File Uploads, Multi-Part Forms||✅||$99 / Year|
|Wufoo||Over 400 Templates. Easy Form Builder.||✅||$14.08 / Month|
|Visual Form Builder||Easy Drag and Drop Interface. Fully Compliant with GDPR.||✅||$29 for 1 Site|
|Jetpack Forms||Multiple Contact Forms. User-Friendly Editor.||✅||N/A – 100% Free|
|Contact Form Builder||Custom HTML Between the Fields. Data Validation.||✅||$30 for 1 Domain|
|Form Maker||Submission Management. Payments Collection.||✅||$45 for 1 Domain|
|Happy Forms||Dashboard Analytics. Pop-up Form.||✅||$69 for 1 Site|
Before we look at some of the best contact form plugins, it’s important to know what features a quality contact form should have.
Here are some great features to look out for:
- Drag & Drop Builder: A way to build forms visually by dragging and dropping different form elements. This removes the need for coding knowledge.
- Conditional Logic: A function that lets you show or hide fields, sections and elements based on the selections a user makes.
- Multi-Page Form Support: This allows users to fill in forms section by section instead of one long form. This speeds up the process and makes it easier for people to use your forms.
- Entry Management: Manage and sort through entries submitted via your contact forms. Having everything in one place, optimizes your workflow.
- Accept Payments: Allow users to make purchases or sign up to subscriptions all within your contact form.
- Spam Protection: Prevent unsolicited and unwanted emails.
- File Uploads: Allow users to include attachments with their message.
- Email Marketing Integrations: Connecting to services like Mailchimp and Aweber, lets you provide the option for users to opt-in to receiving future communications from you.
When deciding on which plugin to use, think about the following questions:
- Does the form have the type of fields you need?
- Is it easy to use?
- How much does it cost?
- Is the plugin reliable and well maintained?
- How many active installs are there?
- How do WordPress users rate the plugin?
With these questions in mind, let’s jump in and look at what’s available.
- 1. WPForms – Free and Paid
- 2. Gravity Forms – Paid
- 3. HubSpot WordPress Plugin – Free
- 4. Ultimate Addons for Elementor – Paid
- 5. Ninja Forms – Free and Paid
- 6. Formidable Forms – Free and Paid
- 7. KaliForms – Free and Paid
- 8. Fluent Forms – Free and Paid
- 9. Formstack – Paid
- 10. Contact Form 7 – Free
- 11. Caldera Forms – Free and Paid
- 12. Wufoo – Free and Paid
- 13. Visual Form Builder – Free and Paid
- 14. Jetpack Forms – Free
- 15. Contact Form Builder – Free and Paid
- 16. Form Maker – Free and Paid
- 17. Happy Forms – Free and Paid
- Which Is the Best Plugin for a Free Solution?
- Which Plugin Offers More Form Templates?
- Which Is Easy To Use and Build Forms?
- Which Is the Best Value for Money Plugin?
1. WPForms – Free and Paid
WP Forms is a drag and drop form builder with 3+ million active installs. This plugin is full of features that are easy to get to grips with. It’s both a powerful yet user-friendly and quick to setup form builder that is quick to set up.
WP Forms is a complete form builder that allows you to create almost any type of forms without typing any code. It is 100% responsive and will make your site look good on desktop, tablet, and mobile. WPForms has built-in smart captcha and honeypot that prevent spam.
The free version of this plugin, the WPForms Lite, offers the essential contact form tools like simple contact form, primary form fields, email notifications, a thank you page for form confirmation, honeypot protection and ReCaptcha fields for spam protection
To begin with, you’re given 4 pre-built templates which are ideal if you need something quick and simple.
Other features included in the lite version of this contact form plugin include honeypot protection and ReCaptcha fields to help combat spam.
However, to get full functionality from WPForms, it’s best to try out their paid version.
The premium version gives you access to all types of forms, including surveys, user registration, post submissions, order forms, file upload forms, etc.
WPForms Pro includes:
- This plugin provides a Conditional Logic function that lets you show or hide fields, sections and elements based on the users’ selections.
- Creates a multi-page form that allows users to fill in forms section by section instead of single long-form.
- Manage and sort through entries submitted by users through your contact forms.
- Accepts payment, using your contact form, for purchases or sign up to subscriptions made by users.
- Prevent unsolicited and unwanted or spam emails.
- Let users upload their supporting documents as part of the file upload feature of this plugin.
- You are connecting to Email Marketing Integration services like Mailchimp and Aweber to allow users to opt-in to receiving future communications from you.
- There are available Form templates as quick-start in creating your contact forms.
- Sends instant notifications to you once a user subscribes using your contact forms.
- Create advanced forms like user registration from and more.
The WPForms pro plugin starts at $79 per year for one website and one year of updates.
2. Gravity Forms – Paid
Gravity Forms is a visual WordPress contact form plugin with 20,000+ active installs, that has all the tools you need to build professional forms for your website. With quick and easy form-building options, it’s designed to save time and get you up and running in minutes.
This plugin comes with features like multi-page forms, and limited form entries and allows you to create posts from a form submission using unique Post Fields.
Gravity Forms plugin allows you to change the post type of the generated post without having to type a code.
Gravity Forms plugin supports file uploads and multi-page forms with unlimited entries. It uses conditional logic to show or hide form fields and lets you design your WordPress forms in real-time.
This forms plugin allows users to save their incomplete forms and continue at a later time. It also supports a full ticketing system.
Choose from over 30 fields for your form and move them around with the drag and drop builder. You can limit and schedule your forms to control how and when you capture data.
And with the calculations feature, you can perform advanced calculations on submitted field values.
If user-generated content is a large part of your site, this contact form plugin easily creates posts for you with front end forms.
Gravity Forms include:
- A Conditional Logic function that lets you show or hide fields, sections and elements based on the users’ selections.
- Creates multi-page Forms to make it easier for users to fill-up the form.
- Has an Entry Management system to sort users’ entries in your contact form.
- Accepts payments for subscriptions and purchases made by users.
- Includes Spam Protection features to prevent unwanted emails.
- Allows File Uploads for users to send supporting documents efficiently.
- Supports Email Marketing Integration with email services like Mailchimp and Aweber to allow users to opt-in to receiving future communications from you.
- User-friendly and mobile responsive design for mobile users.
- Allows users to save and continue filling-up your forms which is more convenient to users and build more confidence and trust to your website for giving them leeway to think not pressuring your users to sign-up.
- Comes with fast Email Autoresponders to make users feel that their concerns are attended to.
Gravity Forms is a premium plugin that starts at $59 per year for one website, core features and basic addons.
3. HubSpot WordPress Plugin – Free
HubSpot’s free WordPress plugin makes it easier to grow your business by helping you attract, engage, and delight all of your contacts and customers. It brings powerful, easy-to-use contact management, email marketing, ads management, live chat & bots, forms, analytics, and much more to WordPress.
HubSpot allows you to connect HubSpot CRM with WordPress so you can easily organise and segment your contacts into lists. This plugin provides you with a lead generation dashboard, lead capture tools, slide-ins, exit-intent forms, a static form builder, a contact database, and lead insights for the first seven days of website activity after lead capture.
Among other features, HubSpot’s WordPress plugin has an array of functions including a robust contact form creation tool. The drag-and-drop form builder is easy to use and the plugin allows for easy access to all of HubSpot’s other marketing tools and CRM, meaning you can easily track contact form submissions and build email lists to keep your users and visitors engaged.
HubSpot WordPress Plugin includes:
- It’s a Free-forever CRM (unlimited contacts) & Contact Management tool.
- An efficient Email Marketing tool that is free for up to 2000 emails sent/mo.
- Comes with Live Chat for more interactive client service & responsive Chatbots to instantly assist your clients’ concerns.
- Comes with lead capture tools like popups, slide-ins, and exit intent forms, a static form builder, etc.
- With built-in analytics dashboards to measure your business growth in real-time with.
- Performs seamless integration with over 400 apps, including Gravity Forms, WooCommerce, Stripe, and more.
HubSpot WordPress is a free plugin.
4. Ultimate Addons for Elementor – Paid
The Ultimate Addons for Elementor is a top-notch addon built with passion by Brainstorm Force to enhance the possibilities of Elementor Website Builder. Brainstorm Force is the pioneers of page builder addons and the same team that created the Ultimate Addons for WPBakery Page Builder (47K+ users) and the Ultimate Addons for Beaver Builder (15K+ users).
Ultimate Addons for Elementor is a growing library of genuinely creative and unique Elementor widgets including User Registration Form widget that open a whole new range of design possibilities for you.
The User Registration Form widget allows you to build custom forms and take control of its appearance. Everything on the form is customizable, including the ability to add more fields.
Advanced form actions enable you to redirect, send an email or even hide the form after a user registers.
And because all forms are 100% mobile responsive they’ll look great across all devices.
To fight spammers and fake registrations, Ultimate Addons uses Honeypot and Google reCAPTCHA.
Your forms are also built using a different registration link than the default WordPress link spammers regularly target.
Full features include:
- You can build custom registration forms that fit your website.
- It’s easy to design drag and drop page builder best for beginners and professionals who want to see the look and feel of their website as they create it.
- You can customize everything from fields to color and styling, giving you freedom on how you want your contact forms to look like.
- The paid version adds more fields than the default options giving you more flexibility and design ideas for your WordPress website.
- It provides advanced form actions to redirect, send an email or even hide the form after a user registers.
- It comes with spam protection features to prevent unwanted emails.
- It grants you access to a growing library of Elementor widgets that can further improve your website.
- Page developers can also do white labelling of this plugin to include it to your branding.
- It comes with WooCommerce widgets perfect for your eCommerce website.
- It gives you unlimited website usage, good value for money option.
- It is also translation ready, so you can have multilingual contact forms and attract international visitors to sign-up for your site.
- You’ll be backed-up with professional support from WordPress experts with extensive training on website development and more.
- It is included in Astra Pro addon with the Growth Bundle so you can get more of Astra’s best products perfect for your website.
Ultimate Addons for Elementor starts at $69 annually for use on unlimited websites.
5. Ninja Forms – Free and Paid
Ninja Forms is more than just a simple WordPress contact form plugin.
Ninja Forms plugin helps you create pro-like beautiful and user-friendly WordPress forms. Not only are the essential, core functions free to use, you’re also able to use it for subscription forms and any other form type you can think of. It has 1+ million active installs and 100% beginner-friendly.
Ninja Forms does not require any coding skills and helps you design beautiful, complex forms using drag and drop fields.
Ninja Forms comes with 40+ add-ons to include conditional logic, multi-part forms, front-end posting, file uploads, layouts, and styles. It allows you to hook-up to services like MailChimp, Campaign Monitor, and AWeber, etc. Clients can also pay directly through your forms using PayPal Express and other payment systems.
The base plugin for Ninja Forms can be downloaded for free from the official WordPress repository and can be installed on as many sites as you like. The premium version of Ninja Forms plugin allows you to connect with Campaign Monitor, Freshbooks, Salesforce, SMS notifications, etc.
Entry management, basic email marketing integration and spam protection are also included for free. And the drag and drop form builder is a delight to use.
The addons for Ninja Forms is where the functionality really shines through. With over 40 extensions for the likes of Slack, Zapier, and Trello, you can stay productive and organized.
More premium features include:
- Comes with Conditional Logic function that lets you show or hide fields, sections and elements based on the selections a user makes.
- It Creates a Multi-Page Form that allows users to fill in forms section by section instead of one long-form. This makes the process faster and it’s easier for people to use your forms.
- It has Payment Acceptance features that let users directly pay for their purchases and subscriptions on you contact forms.
- Users can easily upload their files as supporting documents or as reference.
- Provides for Email Marketing Integration to contact your visitors after their transaction with your website.
- Includes Front-end Posting addon for users to see their post in real-time.
- It allows multi-column layouts and styles to create a more detailed design for your WordPress website.
- It includes a User Analytics tool to get better data on where your form traffic is coming from with every submission. You can use 12+ analytics fields, including UTM values, URL referrer, geodata, etc.
The standard version of Ninja Forms is Free, while premium plans start at $99 per year for a single site.
6. Formidable Forms – Free and Paid
Formidable Forms plugin is one of the most advanced WordPress forms plugin. It has 200,000+ active installs with a 4.5 out of 5-star rating. With this plugin, you can easily create contact forms, polls and surveys, lead generation forms, email forms, etc.
The focus of the Formidable Forms plugin is on building solution-focused forms to help you get more done in less time.
Formidable goes beyond simple form creation, allowing you to create complex forms for quizzes, payments, registration and more.
You can use repeater fields to collect several sets of data like work history and events. Dynamic fields automatically populate form fields with saved data and user meta information.
If you’re in need of a GDPR compliant form, Formidable has you covered for this too. Simply turn off IP tracking, the save form submissions feature or insert a checkbox into your form to collect user consent.
There’s a good deal of functionality included in the free version of Formidable Forms. Those features can be enhanced further with the premium version or add-ons.
Further features include:
- It’s a Drag & Drop Builder that lets you visually build forms by dragging and dropping different form elements.
- It comes with the Conditional Logic feature that lets you show and hide elements of your contact forms based on users preferences.
- You can create beautifully designed Multi-Page Forms for a more convenient way of filling-up your contact forms.
- It allows you to manage and sort user entries from your WordPress site.
- It comes with the Payment Acceptance feature to instantly receive payments from users through your contact forms.
- It protects your website from spam and unsolicited emails.
- It lets users upload files while filling-up your forms.
- It supports Email Marketing Integration with email services like Mailchimp and Aweber to allow users to opt-in to receiving future communications from you.
- You can create a Quiz Maker form that allows you to write your quiz form questions, submit an entry as the quiz key, and publish the quiz on a page.
- You can create Calculator Forms where you can make basic and complex calculations, and even combine text from multiple fields. Your visitors can use the price calculator for easy quotes and price estimates.
- It comes with a built-in survey and poll feature, so you can quickly create powerful surveys and see beautiful reports.
- You can place Cascading Dropdowns to your forms to make it easier to fill-up, and you can get the accurate categories for each form field.
- You can also create schedule forms perfect for events registration and sign up, which requires a specific date or limit to be filled-up.
- It is perfect not only for desktops users but also for mobile-friendly.
The pricing for Formidable Forms starts at $149 per year for a single site and one year of updates.
7. KaliForms – Free and Paid
KaliForms is an easy to use WordPress contact form plugin that allows you to build forms in a matter of minutes. Contact forms are easy to create using the drag and drop form builder. KaliForms lets you use pre designed templates to instantly create contact forms you need for your website, instead of starting from scratch.
With this plugin, adding forms to your website becomes really easy. You can now easily add any forms to your website, from just simple contact forms to more complex forms like review form, surveys form, feedback forms, etc.
Because KaliForms is built on React, performance issues shouldn’t be a problem. All forms are also 100% mobile responsive.
A combination of Google’s ReCaptcha and spam honeypot system helps protect you from unwanted spam messages. And connecting to third-party services is achieved through API.
This is all included in KaliForms Free plugin.
Additional features unlocked through the pro version includes:
- The Multi-Page Forms feature of this plugin can be used to easily group fields in separate pages for a better submission process for your users.
- You don’t need to spend hours designing your contact forms. You can use more than dozens of Pre-Designed Templates to quick-start your contact forms for your website without any coding.
- This plugin uses the Conditional Logic tool to hide or show parts of your form fields depending on the entries of your clients.
- You can send email notifications to your subscribers once they sign-up to your contact forms.
- Users can easily upload their files and photos as attachments using your contact forms.
- It provides advanced form actions to redirect, send an email or even hide the form after a user registers.
- It has a powerful Submissions Handling feature that manages the entries of your clients and protects your website from spam or unsolicited submissions.
- It allows payment options including PayPal and Wire Transfer.
The premium version of Kali Forms starts at $19 for 1 site.
8. Fluent Forms – Free and Paid
Fluent Forms is full of advanced features and a beginner-friendly layout to get you started, even if you don’t know how to code.
It’s a feature rich contact form plugin that uses drag and drop functionality to build forms. Just select one of the 45+ input fields and it will be added to your form. It takes just minutes to build forms this way.
The free version of Fluent Forms includes 25+ pre-built templates along with conditional logic, custom CSS, spam protection, Mailchimp and FluentCRM integration.
When you upgrade to Fluent Forms Pro, you gain access to tons of exciting features to help you grow your business. You can collect payments, allow file and image uploads, connect with email marketing software and use all the pre-made templates.
Fluent Forms Pro includes:
- Fluent Conversational Forms offers a Typeform alternative in WordPress
- Multi-page forms to break long forms into shorter ones that can positively impact conversion.
- The file and image upload option allows users to attach documents within a form.
- Create surveys, polls, and quizzes using essential fields like checkboxes, multiple choices, radio, ratings, and more.
- A custom submit button can bring a positive impact on your form.
- Add repeatable fields while filling out a form.
- Signature addon available to collect signatures on digital documents.
- With the front-end post creation feature, people can submit blog posts without being registered to your website.
- Fluent Forms is not just for making contact forms. If you want to activate user registration to your website, you can do that with this form plugin.
- Payment is a crucial feature for any form builder, and Fluent Forms comes with Stripe and PayPal along with an offline payment method.
- Fluent Forms has 30+ native integrations that include marketing, SMS notification, productivity, communication, and so on.
The annual price for a single site license costs $59 with one year of update and support. All integrations except Signature Addon come with all package variations.
9. Formstack – Paid
While Formstack isn’t primarily a WordPress contact form plugin, it does have it’s own plugin to allow you to integrate the online form builder with your WordPress website.
Formstack is a flexible online form builder that helps users without coding knowledge to create and design web forms. It allows you to embed forms on your website and social media to capture leads, collect online payments, gather customer feedback, and turn cumbersome business processes into streamlined digital workflows.
This contact form solution aims to shake-up how you collect data, leading to a more streamlined and productive workflow.
You can create professional-looking forms with the drag and drop form builder. For a better mobile experience, choose to display one form question at a time.
A/B testing lets you compare the performance of two forms against each other. While field validation ensures you get the right information the first time.
Even more great features include:
- This plugin has a Conditional Logic addon that shows or hides some aspects like buttons, fields, or form sections, based on users’ selections.
- It creates multi-page forms for users to focus on filling-up your forms field one at a time.
- You can manage and sort entries on your contact forms with its Entry Management addon.
- It also accepts payments made by users during its purchase or subscription to your website using your contact form.
- You don’t have to worry about unsolicited emails. This plugin comes with the Spam Protection feature to make sure that only legitimate emails are coming your way.
- To further understand your clients’ behavior, this plugin comes with an Analytics addon that provides you with relevant information about your visitors’ interests based on their behavior while browsing your website.
- Suppose you want to reach out for your customers after they visit your website. In that case, this plugin has an Email Marketing Integration feature that lets you send marketing and promotional messages via email to your clients.
- You can also personalize your email based on the interest of your clients with the Email Logic feature of this plugin.
- Sometimes, users are in a hurry or undecided yet whether to continue signing-up to your contact forms or not. This plugin allows for Partial Submission of your contact forms, and they can continue filling-up the form later.
- You can use the UTM Tracking feature of this plugin to monitor the performance of your website.
The pricing for Formstack starts at $19 per month for one user and 5 forms.
10. Contact Form 7 – Free
Any list of WordPress contact form plugins isn’t complete without including Contact Form 7. It is one of the most widely used free contact plugins for unlimited WordPress websites. This plugin provides a basic yet stable and reliable basic contact form.
One of the most widely used contact plugins, it’s free to use on as many WordPress websites as you’d like.
The core features of this plugin are limited to basic functionality. You can easily create simple contact forms and embed them using a shortcode onto any page of your site.
It integrates with Constant Contact by default. And for spam protection, it works well with CAPTCHA and Akismet. But aside from being totally free, the best part of this plugin is its support. It has informative documentation, FAQ, support forum, and a full website.
To get more functionality from Contact Form 7, there is a range of addons that will add features like:
- It has a Drag & Drop Builder feature for you to quickly set-up your contact forms without making any codes.
- It comes with the Conditional Logic feature that hides or shows relevant form fields depending on the input of the users to your contact form.
- It allows users to fill-up your form portion-by-portion with its Multi-Page Forms feature.
- You can manage and sort the information coming to your contact forms with the Entry Management feature of this plugin.
- You can also accept payments using your contact forms with the Payment Acceptance feature.
- It allows you to send marketing materials to your clients via email with the Email Integration feature.
- It ensures that unsolicited emails won’t come to your website with the better Spam Protection addon.
- It has a built-in pop-up message functionality with wise triggers for marketing needs.
- You can also have the useful Cost Calculators to increase your users’ satisfaction with your products and services, and your contact form.
Contact Form 7 is free to download and install. Many of the additional plugins that enhance the core features are also free, while some of the more sophisticated ones have a small fee.
11. Caldera Forms – Free and Paid
Caldera Forms is a free and powerful WordPress plugin with 200,000+ active installs. Caldera Forms, which was developed by Saturday Drive, helps you create responsive forms with a simple drag and drop editor.
Caldera Forms has many add-ons that are free and user-friendly for both beginners and web developers. It has many add-ons such as the calculations, drop-down selections, and radio buttons. With this plugin, users can upload their files to the form; the user also can submit their posts through a form.
Calderon Forms also provides unlimited auto-responders, fields, and submissions.
Many of these free-to-use features include conditional logic, file uploads, multi-part forms and much more.
You can build forms quickly with caldera forms using their drag and drop form builder. With the use of multiple templates that ship with the plugin, you can set up forms in no time at all.
The free version has no limitations on the number of forms, fields or submissions. But to get more features, you’ll likely need to use one of the many addons.
Additional features unlocked when using add-ons include:
- You can use the Email Marketing Integration integration to reach out for your clients through email and send them promotional marketing items.
- This plugin allows not just payment acceptance features but provides various Payment Processing Options for your clients.
- It comes with an Entry Limiter add-on that allows you to limit the times the same value can be submitted to a field or the total number of times a form can be submitted.
- You can use Caldera Forms to create or edit posts, including custom post types and custom fields.
- You can make any field in your form into a geolocation autocomplete field powered by the Google Maps API to make it easier for end-users to enter an accurate address.
- You can use Slack Notifications to either send details of the form submission to a Slack channel or create an invite to a Slack team.
- You can use the Zapier Integration feature to connect your Caldera forms to cool services from Facebook, Google Sheets, SalesForce, etc.
- YouTube Signups
- With YouTube Sign up feature, you can use your YouTube videos to build your lists and learn about your site visitors using Caldera Forms.
- You can also integrate Caldera Forms with Easy Digital Downloads Software Licensing.
Premium pricing for Caldera Forms starts at $99 per year.
12. Wufoo – Free and Paid
Wufoo forms is a form builder that’s independent of any platform. Yet it allows you to publish forms on any website including WordPress, so it warrants a mention in this list.
Wufoo is an online form builder with lots of pre-designed templates for creating forms like metrics reporting, and payment integrations for processing credit card payments.
This plugin allows you to easily collect data, files, RSVPs, payments and more using your contact forms. The form designer helps you create more than just contact forms. You can build invitations, registration forms and much more. The forms are fully customizable which you can quickly embed on your website, or share out using a direct link. It is trusted by millions of users, and big companies such as Amazon & Disney.
There are over 400 templates to choose from and with the award-winning drag and drop form builder, you can create forms in minutes.
Online stores can collect payments by integrating with one of their popular payment providers. Wufoo also allows you to collect almost all file types through your form. You can even access those files from within your account.
Some of their excellent features include:
- The Form Rules feature allows you to send notification emails to different people based on a particular field choice.
- This plugin allows you to customize your Confirmation Pages.
- All the data is protected with 256-bit SSL encryption before it reaches the servers.
- This plugin includes a Password Protection feature.
- You can use the Field Validation feature of this plugin to prevent erroneous data like misspelt addresses or incorrect phone numbers format.
- You can use the REST API feature of this plugin to share data between two or more systems easily.
- You can use the Social Sharing feature to allow users to share your contact forms to the different social media platforms.
- When sending feedback to your clients, you can customize your reply using the Custom Response feature of this plugin.
- You can create multiple integrations for the same product with the Multiple Integration feature of this plugin.
- You can also export the data from your form entries while keeping their connection to the users who submitted it.
Wufoo has a free version with limited usage. Premium pricing starts at $14.08 per month billed annually for 1 form and 10 users
13. Visual Form Builder – Free and Paid
Visual Form Builder is a largely free WordPress contact form plugin that allows you to create and control all kinds of forms for your website in one place. This plugin has an option to purchase addons separately or as part of a subscription plan.
With this plugin, you can customize the confirmation message and get notified for each confirmation done. All the entries in this contact form plugin are GDPR compliant. It includes advanced filtering in the entries and supports shortcodes for any post creation.
Creating your forms and managing them is easy with the drag and drop interface. There are a variety of form fields to customize your form and the email designer lets you fully customize the look of the emails sent.
All form submissions are saved in the database so you can easily manage them. With conditional logic, you can create dynamic forms based on the rules you create.
Visual Form Builder is fully responsive, so it will adjust to any screen size. And the Pro version is fully compliant with GDPR.
Further features include:
- This plugin comes with Automatic Validation feature that makes it easy to ensure that your visitors enter the correct information into each form field.
- This plugin allows users to upload files in your contact forms.
- You can easily migrate data entries from you contact forms with its Data Migration feature.
- You can make Scheduling forms for events that require limited time to register, or business stores that have limited stocks to offer.
- It has a GPLv2 License that guarantees end-users the freedom to run, study, share and modify the software.
- You can include Bulk Add Options to your contact forms to make it easy for your clients to add several selections to your form all at the same time, instead of creating each selection individually.
- The Scheduling form feature of this plugin is perfect for events, ticketing and other types of website that offers registration, subscriptions, or sales at a given or limited time only.
- You can use the Entry Limiter add-on to limit the times the same value can be submitted to a field or the total number of times a form can be submitted.
- You can also use Autoresponder to cater to your customers immediately once they sign-up for your contact forms.
- This plugin also has a Payment Processing feature perfect for eCommerce websites, ticketing and more.
Premium pricing for Visual Form Builder starts at $29 for 1 site with add-ons purchased separately.
14. Jetpack Forms – Free
Jetpack is a popular plugin that’s widely used across millions of WordPress sites. And while many developers have a love-hate relationship with it, its free WordPress contact form is a solid feature.
Jetpack Forms is a popular feature offered by Jetpack. For Jetpack users, you can easily create a contact form by activating the contact form module. This Form plugin is most suitable for websites who are already using the Jetpack modules. For non-Jetpack users, it is not practical to install such a large plugin just to create a simple contact form.
Multiple contact forms can be made using Jetpack and they can be displayed anywhere on your site.
It takes your WordPress email settings to notify you when a form is submitted. You can also drag, drop and organise form fields in the user-friendly editor.
Spam is filtered using Akismet and you can customise the form response messages users will see after submitting their message.
Jetpack lacks many of the more advanced features of other WordPress contact form plugins, such as conditional logic, file uploads, and payments.
Yet, for simple contact form building, it works wonderfully well with the following Features:
- Jetpack is a free plugin trusted by many WordPress users for their websites. It is lightweight and does not affect your site speed nor create conflict with other plugins.
- It has an easy-access, one-click “form insert” button that lets you add a contact form in less than a minute.
- You can customize your email notifications to send personalized emails to the email address of your choice.
- You can adjust all form settings, including subject field, form fields, email address, etc., right in your post or page editor.
- This plugin integrates with Akismet for spam filtering which scans every form submission from your contact form.
- It’s a very user-friendly plugin perfect for smaller businesses and blogs that only need the simplest form.
The Jetpack plugin allows you to use the contact form feature for free.
15. Contact Form Builder – Free and Paid
Contact Form Builder is a simple contact plugin that comes with a variety of themes and templates pre-built for use where you can rearrange fields, customize the labels, attributes and dimensions. It’s an intuitive tool for creating contact forms. From a design perspective, you can customize the CSS to get your form to look like a seamless part of your WordPress theme.
This plugin creates a well-organized and elegant contact form in just a few clicks. You can also copy the forms to create multiple contact forms for different types of pages and posts.
This contact form builder requires no coding skills, even when creating more complex forms. You can add unlimited fields including date and time to email and password. It also allows for integration with Google Maps.
You can make many forms with this form builder including feedback forms and surveys. With Google Maps integration, it’s easy to display a brick and mortar location. This is useful for businesses with a physical location.
For limiting spam messages, Captcha and ReCaptcha can be implemented easily.
More features include:
- This plugin allows you to customize the HTML Between Fields of your contact form.
- It has a beautiful pagination feature that adds a more professional look to your website.
- It allows you to create section breaks to your contact forms to make it easier for customers to fill-up your forms.
- You can customize your email messages for admins and users.
- The Conditional Logic features allow you to hide or show a certain portion of your contact form depending on the entries of your clients.
- It has a Data Validation feature that ensures accurate information is provided by your clients.
- It also has a Detailed Field Parameters feature.
- Users can also upload their files using your contact forms.
- It integrates with payment services such as Stripe and Paypal.
- You can send marketing emails to your users via MailChimp Integration.
- You can also add a Calculator addon to your WordPress site to aid customers to perform calculations during sign-up.
Contact Form Builder pricing starts at $30 for 1 domain and access to 6 months of updates.
16. Form Maker – Free and Paid
Form Maker is a highly customizable, mobile-friendly and responsive plugin for generating different kinds of forms.You can create simple forms as well as multi-part forms for surveys, questionnaires, applications and registrations. It is a drag and drop plugin that is well-equipped, economical and completely responsive to boot.
This plugin allows you to adjust every aspect of the forms including design, dimensions, colors, themes, fonts, etc. The theme CSS of this plugin is open for editing, and you can make additional changes to the forms’ layout design. It also includes various pre-installed forms that you can use and save for later use.
Complex forms can be designed quickly and there are numerous form fields available in Form Maker plugin best for creating forms such as text input fields for name, password, address, email, contact number, etc. It also includes time and date field, checkbox field, custom select and country select field, Captcha/ ReCaptcha field, Map, etc.
There are a number of ready-made templates to get you started with building your form. And forms can be displayed as scroll boxes, pop-ups and topbars alongside a more traditional form.
With submission management, you can track and export all your entries.
Conditional logic provides advanced control over your forms and file uploads allow users to submit documents via your forms.
With integrations you can unlock these features:
- This plugin uses Push Notifications to allow the delivery of customized messages from an app to a mobile device or desktop computer without requiring a specific request from the app.
- It provides for Email Marketing Integration allowing you to send promotional marketing emails to your clients after their transaction with your website.
- It gives you more space capacity for larger files using the Dropbox and Google Drive Storage.
- Stripe Payments feature lets you accept international credit cards, debit cards, and mobile wallets for your transactions. It also supports international cards, currency conversion, support for dozens of payment methods, 3D secure authentication, and many more.
- It includes a Calculator tool that allows your users to do some computations while using your contact forms.
- And it creates Multi-page forms so that users can fill-up your contact forms portion-by-portion and not get overwhelmed by the very long single-page form fields.
The basic functionality of Form Maker requires no cost at all. But for advanced functionality, prices start at $45 for 1 domain.
17. Happy Forms – Free and Paid
Happy Forms is a great WordPress contact form plugin created by The Theme Foundry team.
It is a newcomer in the form plugin arena but is completely built in the WordPress Customizer. You can also build forms using the native WordPress customizer.
HappyForms is a super lightweight, drag and drop form builder for creating contact forms, lead generation forms, feedback forms, quote forms, survey forms, etc. HappyForms is optimized to facilitate and improve your conversation with your website visitors. You can start more engaging conversations with you website audience using your contact forms.
HappyForms managed to balance between being simple and having powerful features. HappyForms is less complex compared to other forms plugins available in the market.
One of the standout features is its Gutenberg ready drag and drop form builder.
Working seamlessly with WordPress’s Gutenberg Editor, creating a form is a simple experience. What’s even better is you can preview your forms as you build them. It provides a user-friendly visual form builder that automatically adds the fields you choose just by simply clicking on the fields. You can review confirmation messages, customize form styles, save your form, and insert into your posts, pages, and widget areas.
Forms can be added to almost any part of your website. And to make things easier, multiple forms can be used on the same page.
You can create multi-column layouts with a single click. Regarding user data, it includes GDPR and 508 compliant forms.
Other important features include:
- The Easy Form Duplication feature allows you to duplicate an existing contribution form, or create a new form based on you existing form design.
- It creates 100% Mobile Responsive forms for users who are always on mobile devices.
- It prompts users for Submission Confirmation Messages to ensure and validate that their entries are correct.
- It adds Multiple Form Parts to the page for a more user-friendly effect.
- Users can upload files and attachments on your contact forms as supporting documents.
- It has a strong Password Protection feature to keep your clients’ accounts secure.
- It comes with a built-in Analytics Dashboard so you can easily track and analyze the behaviour of your clients and create better and targeted marketing strategies in the future.
- It has a ReCaptcha Integration feature to protect your contact forms from spam entries.
- It connects to email services like Mailchimp that encourages users to opt-in to receiving future communications from you.
- It integrates with Stripe payment services for easier payment transactions.
There is a free version of Happy Forms that includes solid functionality.
Features like stripe payments and Mailchimp integration requires upgrading to a paid version. Prices start at $69 for 1 website and 1 year of updates.
All of the WordPress contact form plugins I’ve covered above have a range of features to suit many different needs.
When deciding which contact form builder is the right choice for you, it’s important to look at the features that suit what you require.
Here’s a quick rundown to help you out:
Which Is the Best Plugin for a Free Solution?
If you’re looking for a simple, straight-forward contact form that doesn’t cost a thing, Jetpack Forms and Contact Form 7 will do everything you’re looking for, without any extra bells and whistles. These plugins are free and offer a lot of features that can boost your website.
Which Plugin Offers More Form Templates?
For a contact form plugin that covers more complex form options and with additional features like Conditional Logic and File uploads, WPForms, Gravity Forms, Ninja Forms, and Formidable Forms are all great options. HubSpot can be a good option too since it comes with great features for free.
Which Is Easy To Use and Build Forms?
If you don’t want to start from scratch and spend time designing your contact forms and start immediately, WPForms, Wufoo and KaliFormss are your go-to plugin for contact forms that are easy to use and build. With dozens of pre-designed templates and visual drag and drop features, you can create your contact forms in just a few clicks.
Which Is the Best Value for Money Plugin?
If you don’t want to spend your money to build just a simple contact form but want to get some extra, the Ultimate Addons for Elementor plugin gives you access to a growing library of genuinely creative and unique Elementor widgets including User Registration Form widget that opens a whole new range of design possibilities for you.
You can also do white labelling, it comes with WooCommerce widgets, and the best thing is, you can use it for an unlimited number of websites.And if you’re looking for the ideal WordPress Theme pair with your chosen Contact form, checkout the Astra theme. It’s packed full of customization options and works well with the majority of these plugins.