Elementor is undoubtedly one of the best page builders out there. It offers a vast ecosystem and enables you to customize your site to your heart’s content serving a community with four million active installations.
Elementor’s popularity can be linked to its usability and accessibility. Although it is compatible with most other themes, there are themes that are just tailor-made for Elementor.
Due to Elementor’s huge popularity, many WordPress theme developers (including us) started developing fully compatible, lightweight, and flexible themes made around Elementor.
In this article, we’ve listed what we think are the best themes that are made with Elementor in mind so you don’t have to.
Here’s a quick comparison table of all the Elementor themes for those who are in a hurry!
Free Version Available?
Pricing Of Paid Version
Lifetime Plan Available?
$59/year (Unlimited Sites)
$49.95/year (Unlimited Sites)
$50/year (Single Site)
$49/year (Single Site)
$78/year (Unlimited Sites)
$58/year (Unlimited Sites)
$39/year (Single Site)
Yes (If support is not necessary)
$39/year (Single Site)
$59/year (Unlimited Sites)
$59.95/year (Unlimited Sites)
Yes (If support is not necessary)
$59/year (Unlimited Sites)
$59/year (Single Site)
Yes (If support is not necessary)
What Is a Theme and Why Does Your Website Need One?
A WordPress theme is the basic design layout of your website. It determines your website’s look and feel. A good theme focuses on multiple aspects, including design, search engine optimization, speed, and more!
As a user, it’s essential to pick a well-built, optimized theme with good styling and customization options. This will enable you to build a good looking website without the need to compromise on site speed and search engine optimization (SEO).
Here are some of the core features that you can find on well-built WordPress themes:
- Overall design and styling (Header, Footer, and Sidebar, etc.)
- Font style
- Widget locations
- Page layouts (or templates)
- Styles for blog posts and blog archives
- Additional stylistic details and more
All these features will help you to create a good-looking website or blog.
Without a theme, your website will never be complete. And that’s why you need one.
Elementor, on the other hand, is primarily a page builder. Meaning it helps you put the right parts of your website in all the right places. It’s considered to be one of the most famous front-end page builders out there.
While Elementor itself can technically function on most modern themes, there are a few that are built specifically around and for it. A good theme should be flexible enough to work with anything that you put it through, but if you’ve already had your heart set on a specific page builder like Elementor, then the next best move is to pick a theme that’s specifically built to work perfectly with it.
Difference Between Elementor Themes and Templates
A theme is a basic foundation for your website. It offers features and design options to create a website according to your needs. A template, on the other hand, provides a layout for a specific section or page of your website.
Simply put, a theme helps you create a consistent design and style for your website, whereas templates are for specific pages or parts of your website.
Looking for inspiration? Check out our 100+ stunning Elementor templates, you’re sure to find something that you like.
Top 14 Elementor Themes in 2020
Now that you know how important picking the right theme is for your website, we’ve done the work of collecting and lissting down some of the best Elementor themes out there.
Meet Astra, one of the most popular WordPress themes that we’ve developed here at Brainstorm Force. Astra is 100% compatible with Elementor.
With Astra, you can do real-time customization, enabling you to craft some of the best-looking websites out there.
What’s Good About Astra?
Astra is built with performance in mind. That’s why it is lightweight (less than 50KB). Also, it also comes with a single-click install and offers super-fast loading speeds.
Our theme also offers excellent design controls for every single post, page, or custom post type.
Some of the key features include:
- Elementor 2.0 Compatibility — Astra is fully-compatible with Elementor so that you can design headers, footer, and other dynamic contents from the page builder itself.
- Astra Starter Sites — It offers pre-built starter sites built with Elementor and other popular builders, which you can import on your site using the add-on plugin.
- Special plugin integrations — It also has dedicated integration for plugins like WooCommerce, LifterLMS, and LearnDash.
- Great responsive design — It is compatible with multi-device resolutions.
- Built-in schema markup — The theme adds SEO-friendly schema markup like breadcrumbs and organization info by default.
- RTL and translation ready — It is possible to convert the website in RTL format and translate the whole website in multiple languages.
- Global styling options — It allows you to control how your Elementor designs are styled globally.
The free version of Astra is available for download on WordPress.org. However, you can pay for the premium version to build an attractive website without any limitations.
With annual plans, you will get 1-year premium support and plugin updates.
- $59 per year for unlimited websites.
- $276 per year for unlimited websites with WP Portfolio plugin and optional Ultimate Addon for Elementor or Ultimate Addon for Beaver Builder.
- $523 per year for unlimited websites with all Brainstorm Force plugins.
You can also check out lifetime pricing for Astra Pro here: Pricing & Plans – Get Astra at the Best Price Today!
If you are looking for a free Elementor theme, then check out Hello. It is an official theme created and managed by Elementor. Right now, it has more than 300,000 active installations.
The Hello theme comes with a minimalistic design and styling options to provide a blank canvas for Elementor Pro users.
So, what’s good about the Hello theme?
- THE Theme for Elementor — Hello is specially made for and by Elementor.
- Easy to build landing pages — Building landing pages with Hello and Elementor Pro is made easy.
- Fast Performance — Due to its minimalistic design, it is a very lightweight theme. That will help you to build fast loading websites.
Hello is the best option when you use it with Elementor Pro since the theme doesn’t have built-in options for headers, footers, and other sections. Building them out with Elementor Pro is the easiest way to do it.
Hello is free for WordPress users. But you need the Elementor Pro plugin to design this blank canvas into an attractive website.
GeneratePress is another popular theme on the WordPress directory with more than 300,000 active installations.
Like the Astra theme, it is also compatible with all major page builders including Elementor, and provides pre-made Elementor templates to make your website design stand out.
What’s Good About GeneratePress?
GeneratePress is a well-built, cleanly coded and lightweight WordPress theme making it one of the fastest loading themes in the WordPress ecosystem.
It offers detailed design controls which will help you to:
- Change header, footer, and sidebar
- Disable header, navigation, featured image, title, or footer
- Change the width of containers
You will also get detailed global style controls for colors and typography.
The list of features that makes GeneratePress one of the best Elementor themes include:
- Site library — You will find dozens of pre-made layouts with Elementor and other page builders.
- Typography — Over 70 typography options are available.
- WooCommerce integration — The theme offers colors, typography, and layout options to build WooCommerce stores.
- Layout controls — It is possible to customize padding, margins, sidebar, and other elements of the theme.
- Sections — Section works as a tiny page builder which you can use to add content area across your web page like Astra hooks.
Along with these features, the theme provides full control over spacings, blog layouts, secondary navigation, backgrounds, and other elements.
The free version of GeneratePress comes with limited features and is available at WordPress.org.
The premium theme comes with extended features and is available for $49.95. This includes unlimited site usage, 1-year premium support, and plugin updates.
Hestia is another popular WordPress theme for the Elementor. It utilizes a modern material design style that perfectly integrates with the content you build with Elementor.
Hestia powers more than 0 WordPress websites.
What’s Good About Hestia?
Like other Elementor themes, it offers deeper page-level controls. Apart from that, it offers optimized code for creating a clean and modern website.
Some of the best and highlighting features of Hestia includes:
- Powerful customizer — Hestia comes with a powerful customizer which provides more flexibility to build both simple and complex websites.
- Page-builder compatibility — This theme is compatible with popular WordPress page-builders like Elementor, Divi, Brizy, Beaver Builder, and more.
- WooCommerce integration — Easily integrate with WooCommerce and helps you to build an appealing user-focused website design. Also, it comes with 2 store design options out-of-the-box.
- Pre-made demo sites — Provides pre-made site layouts to build websites.
- Useful front page sections — Pricing and portfolio are two sections that were added to Hestia pro recently. Using these sections, you can showcase your product pricing and creative work.
- Fully customizable homepage — The theme allows you to reorder homepage sections in the WordPress customizer.
- $50 for 1 website with 1-year support and updates.
- $94 for 3 websites with 1-year support and updates.
- $145 for unlimited websites with 1-year support and updates.
Zakra is another WordPress theme compatible with the Elementor page builder. Just like our Astra theme, it is a flexible and lightweight WordPress theme.
The lite version of the theme serves more than 40,000 WordPress websites.
What’s Good About Zakra?
Like other Elementor themes, Zakra also has pre-made demo sites that you can easily import on your WordPress website.
Some other features that you can expect from Zakra are:
- 30+ pre-made demos — These demo sites will help you to jumpstart your website design instead of building it from scratch.
- WooCommerce ready — The theme is fully compatible with WooCommerce so you don’t need to worry about creating eCommerce stores, adding or editing products.
- Translation ready — Zakra theme is integrated with WPML and Polylang plugin, which helps you to build websites in the native language as well as other languages.
- RTL ready — Translating or creating websites for right-to-left language is easy with this theme.
- Page-level setting controls — This theme offers you detailed page-level setting controls to control the Elementor canvas designs, headers, footers, and other elements.
The free version of the Zakra theme is available on the WordPress theme directory.
You can also buy a premium theme for:
- $49 yearly for 1 website with 1-year support and updates.
- $69 yearly for 3 websites with 1-year support and updates.
- $129 yearly for 10 websites with 1-year support and updates.
- $199 yearly for unlimited websites with 1-year support and updates.
The last 3 pricing options ($69 to $199) come with Zakra pro features and companion for Elementor, which includes slider widget, gallery widget, testimonial widget, service widget, countdown widget, and other 10+ widgets for your Elementor page builder.
Neve is a flexible and beginner-friendly WordPress theme. It works beautifully with Elementor and makes it easy to create custom layouts for your website.
This theme already serves more than 0 WordPress websites.
What’s Good About Neve?
Neve comes with multiple built-in layouts and templates that you can edit with Elementor including:
- RTL and Multilingual support — Neve theme is ready for translation with support for RTL languages and multilingual WordPress plugins.
- Page-level setting controls — Theme offers you detailed page-level setting controls to control the Elementor canvas designs, headers, footers, and other elements.
- Pre-built demo sites — You will get 80+ pre-made demo sites that you can import on your site with few clicks.
Neve is also a lightweight and fully responsive theme which will help you to build a fast loading website for any purpose.
Neve is a freemium theme, so the free version with limited features is available for download in the WordPress theme directory.
However, you can purchase the premium version for affordable prices. Both annual and lifetime pricing options are available to choose from.
The annual pricing starts from $78 and goes up to $198. This includes unlimited website usage, 1-year support, and updates.
On the other hand, lifetime pricing starts from $253 and goes up to $760 which you can use on unlimited websites with lifetime support and updates.
Page Builder Framework is a lightweight, easy to customize, and specially designed theme for WordPress page builders like Elementor and Beaver Builder. Like many other themes, It is also lightweight and performance-oriented, weighing less than 50 KB.
The free version of Page Builder Framework currently serves more than 20,000 websites.
What’s Good About Page Builder Framework?
Page Builder Framework gives you page-level controls so you can disable specific aspects of your site on an individual page or post. Also, you will get detailed global style controls through WordPress customizer.
Page Builder Framework comes with a lot of features including:
- Made for page builders — Page Builder Framework is best compliant to your favorite WordPress page builder.
- SEO-friendly — This framework is schema ready.
- WooCommerce integration — It seamlessly integrates with WooCommerce and offers a lot of customization options.
- Translation ready — The theme is translation ready and compatible with WPML and other translation plugins.
- 100% mobile responsive — The framework is 100% mobile-responsive which means your website will look great on every device.
Lastly, the Page Builder Framework seamlessly integrates with Elementor and makes it easy to build your website from scratch.
Page Builder Framework Pricing
The free version of the Page Builder Framework with limited features is available on the WordPress theme directory. You can use it to test the theme performance and features.
You can also get the complete package of premium features for affordable prices.
- $58 yearly for unlimited websites with 1-year support, updates, and a 20% renewal discount.
- $248 for unlimited websites with lifetime support and updates.
8. Layers WP
Layers WP is a WordPress theme company that developed its namesake theme for WordPress.
Recently, Elementor acquired this theme and made it a 100% free and compatible for the Elementor page builder.
What’s Good About Layers WP?
Being fully compatible with the Elementor page builder you can expect some of the best features from this theme, including:
- Live WordPress customizer — Comes with a live WordPress customizer which makes the website building process faster.
- Google Fonts support — Has built-in Google Fonts support which helps you to build a website with cool looking typography.
- Tons of customization options — Layers offers you tons of customization options to customize site logo, blog archive, headers, buttons, and other elements.
- Responsive theme — Layers is a fully responsive theme which makes it look great on all types of devices.
Layers WP Pricing
As mentioned above, it is a completely free theme but is not available on the WordPress theme directory. Instead, you can download this Elementor theme on its official Layers WP website for free.
Phlox is a popular and feature-rich WordPress theme for Elementor users. It comes with 160+ premium elements for Elementor, which helps to extend the functionality of Elementor.
The lite version of the theme serves more than 40,000 websites.
What’s Good About Phlox?
Some of the highlighting features of this theme are:
- Premium elements for Elementor — Offers 160+ elements for Elementor which extends the functionality of the page builder.
- Page builders compatibility — Compatible with most popular page builders like WPBakery, Site Origin and etc and provides extended elements for each page builder.
- WooCommerce integration — Building WooCommerce shops is an easy process and integrates well with WooCommerce.
- Ready-to-use templates — The theme offers 40+ elegant looking templates that you can use to build websites.
- Live customizer — Live WordPress customizer is there to see the live previews and changes you’ve made.
- Portfolio layouts — Phlox comes with dozens of beautiful portfolio layouts which helps creative people showcase their work.
- WPML and RTL support — This theme is 100% translation ready and also supports RTL languages.
Along with these features, you will get several widgets and layouts options for building a website.
Phlox is a freemium theme so you can find its free version on the WordPress theme directory.
The premium version is available on the Envato Market for $39 including 6-months support and lifetime updates. There is also an option to extend the support to 12-months for $10.13.
With more than 600,000 active installations, OceanWP is one of the most popular themes on the platform.
It is scalable enough to work well for both small and large WordPress websites. Also, It gives your page builder an extra boost and unique Elementor widgets to speed up building your website.
What’s Good About OceanWP?
Performance-wise OceanWP can compete with other fast and lightweight themes on this list. It is a lightweight and higly-optimized theme making it one of the fastest loading ones.
You have global page-level controls to change layouts, disable elements like header, footer, and other things, and more for each individual page or post.
Some of the other features of the OceanWP include:
- Page builder compatibility — The theme is compatible with major page builders.
- Elementor widgets — Additional Elementor widgets on the premium version.
- WooCommerce integration — WooCommerce integration allows you to build conversion-friendly design layouts for your stores. Such as a quick view and off-canvas filter.
- Stick Anything — Make anything sticky on your website.
- Popups — This extension can add popup login forms on your WooCommerce stores.
- Social sharing — Display different social buttons on posts, pages, or WooCommerce pages.
- Portfolio — It is easy to build portfolios on your site using this extension.
- Cookie notice — Add cookie notices on your site to comply with GDPR.
Along with these features, you will also get pre-made demo sites built with Elementor and other page builders.
The free theme of OceanWP is available on WordPress.org. However, the theme offers you both annual and lifetime pricing options to use its premium features.
- $39 for 1 website with 1-year support and updates.
- $79 for 3 websites with 1-year support and updates.
- $129 for 25 websites with 1-year support and updates.
Airi is another lightweight and popular Elementor theme from aThemes. All demo sites of the Airi theme are built using the Elementor page builder making it easy to import and customize demo sites according to your preferences.
According to the WordPress theme directory, the free version of the Airi theme is serving more than 20,000 websites.
What’s Good About Airi?
Other features include:
- Elementor support — All layouts of the Airi theme are built with Elementor page builder which means customizing or changing the layout elements is easy now.
- WooCommerce integration — This theme seamlessly integrates with WooCommerce and provides other options to fine-tune your shop.
- Google Fonts support — All Google Fonts are available for your site typography.
- Translation ready — The theme is 100% translation ready and comes with essential files to make the translation process breeze.
- Multiple demos — This theme includes dozens of pre-made templates created with Elementor.
- Live customizer — Airi theme comes with live WordPress customizer, which helps to build websites even faster.
Airi offers both annual and lifetime licenses for its users:
- $59 per year for unlimited websites with 1-year support and updates.
- $99 yearly for unlimited sites with 1-year support and updates.
- $249 is a one-time fee, which you can use on unlimited sites including lifetime support and updates.
Genesis Framework is an open-source framework that allows you to quickly and easily build incredible websites with WordPress.
It is fully secured and SEO optimized for WordPress websites. Both beginners and advanced developers can use this framework to build professional websites.
What’s Good About Genesis Framework?
There is no doubt that this framework gives a lot of customization options for you. However, admittedly, the theme lacks certain features that most on this list include.
Some of the best features that you get with this theme are:
- Search Engine Optimized — Fully SEO optimized and schema ready
- Fully responsive — As it is built on HTML5, it makes your site responsive and mobile-friendly.
- Automatic updates — This framework offers automatic updates that will update the theme whenever there is a newer version available.
- Custom widget options — You will get custom widget options like user profile, featured post, featured page with the framework.
Along with these features, you will also get custom layout options like full-width content, sidebar/content, and more. This will help you to control post or page layouts while building with Elementor.
You can also purchase this framework individually, which cost you $59.95 for unlimited sites with 1-year support and lifetime theme updates.
Also, you can purchase the membership plan of StudioPress which costs you $499.95 and includes the Genesis Framework, All StudioPress themes (both present and future themes), unlimited updates, and 1-year support.
Sydney is a business-focused WordPress theme that offers a wide range of customization to create small business and agency websites.
It gives you all the tools and features to create a conversion-focused website.
What’s Good About Sydney?
Sydney can easily integrate with the Elementor page builder and allow you to build attractive and professional-looking websites.
Some of the best features that you can get include:
- Single page/ post options — A new set of options is available to add a single page or post such as background image or color, hide the page/post title and more.
- Extra page templates — Sydney Pro comes with five different templates such as contact, featured header – default, featured header – wide and etc.
- WooCommerce integration — The theme provides integration with WooCommerce so that you can start selling your items immediately.
- Extra blocks for Elementor — Sydney theme brings a new set of custom blocks for Elementor such as timeline, a new employee block and more, which you can use to build homepage or any other landing pages.
Along with these features, you will get Google Fonts support, parallax backgrounds, and social icons with the theme. Additional customization with a variety of theme options and custom headers are also available.
Sydney’s lite version with limited features is available on the WordPress theme directory. To unlock all the features, you need to get the premium theme which is available for:
- $59 per year for unlimited websites with 1-year support and updates.
- $99 per year for unlimited websites with 1-year support and updates.
- $249 for unlimited websites with lifetime support and updates.
Both $99 and $249 plans give you access to all other premium themes of aThemes.
Total is a multipurpose WordPress theme that serves more than 60,000 websites. It is fully compatible with Elementor, Visual Composer, and other popular WordPress page builders.
What’s Good About Total?
Like other premium themes, it also comes with some extraordinary features and functionalities which help you build stunning looking websites easily.
Basically, this theme offers you:
- Demo sites — 40+ pre-made demo sites that you can easily import and design your site.
- Tons of compatibility options — Compatible with popular WordPress plugins like WooCommerce, Yoast SEO, Tickera, Polylang, Easy Digital Downloads and etc.
- Page building elements — Comes with 100+ easy-to-use and drag-and-drop WPBakery and Visual Composer elements to build custom page layouts.
- Live customizer — Live WordPress customizer is there to see the live changes and previews.
- Premium plugins included — Premium plugins like Visual Composer, Templatera, Slider revolution, and LayerSlider are included for free.
- RTL and Translation ready — Compatible with WPML, Polylang, Loco Translate, and other translation plugins, which helps you to translate the website into other languages. And it has full RTL support.
- Developer friendly — This theme comes with hooks and filter options which enables advanced customization options for users.
Total is a completely premium theme which is available on Envato Market for $59. This includes single site support, 6-months support, and lifetime updates.
Astra Options for Elementor
As mentioned, Astra provides you page-level control options for every page or post. Let’s check them out!
With the Astra theme, you will get options to control the sidebar giving you absolute control whether you want it shown or not.
Content layout options help you to choose the perfect layout for your post or page. This can also be used while designing a post or page with Elementor.
With the Astra theme, you can disable various sections like header, breadcrumb, title, featured image, and footer bar to create attractive landing pages.
With the page-level controls, you also get:
Global options are available on the WordPress customizer to set up site elements like typography, colors, container, buttons, and scroll to top. This is a one-time setup that can be applied to the whole website.
Astra offers you various settings, customizing, and styling options for your site headers. Using these options, you can make appealing and user-friendly headers for your website.
You will get several footer widget layouts to show site and business information. In addition to 2 footer bar layouts where you can display the copyright information with social icons.
Elementor Pro Compatible
Astra is one of the few themes that are fully compatible with Elementor Pro. Due to its smart integration with Elementor, we’ve built some of these ready-made website demos for you.
You can easily import these demos to build a website instead of building it from scratch.
Not only that, but it is also now compatible with the recently launched Elementor Theme Style update. This means you will now be able to control the theme styling options with Elementor Pro itself.
Apart from this, Astra is lightweight and bloat-free that helps you build fast loading websites with no errors.
All these customizer options and Elementor compatibility makes Astra best for Elementor. With more than 900,000 installs, you can be sure that people are happy and enjoying using our theme, and you will too.
If you’re reading this then you are probably building or have a website of your own and are looking for the best Elementor theme out there.
As we mentioned, a WordPress site is nothing without a theme, and what better way to make your website stand out than by pairing the two of the most powerful software specifically made for each other and WordPress. Astra and Elementor.
You can also pick from the list that we made above which includes some of the best performing and highly rated Elementor compatible themes in the market.
If you’re using other themes, or have any suggestions about better ones, feel free to leave us a comment.