WooCommerce is the most popular way to build an eCommerce store, but that doesn’t mean the core WooCommerce plugin is all you need to run an eCommerce store.
To set your store up for success, there are some must-have WooCommerce plugins that, no matter what your niche is, can optimize your store. These plugins will help your store load faster, send emails more reliably, convert more visitors into customers, and more.
To that end, We’ve collected 36 plugins that I believe all WooCommerce stores can benefit from. Let’s go through them…
To help make this list accessible, I’ll start with a short explanation for why I consider each plugin a must-have WooCommerce plugin. That is the one key benefit that you’ll get from using each plugin.
Then, I’ll share a little more about what each plugin does and how it works, along with the price (many of them are free!).
What to Look For in a Must-Have WooCommerce Plugins?
As you’ll see in a little while, there are WooCommerce plugins for every conceivable use.
Some will add much-needed features for stores such as intelligent search, product highlighting or cart abandonment tools.
Others will include value-add elements such as email follow up, live chat, order delivery tracking and other useful tools.
Which you want for your store depends on too many variables to outline here. But we do think every plugin you use should include these 5 key features:
Improve the Customer Experience
Every plugin you choose for your WooCommerce store should improve the customer experience. That could be by streamlining checkout, adding required features, adding extra search functions or something else.
Hello! My name is Sujay and I’m CEO of Astra.
We’re on a mission to help small businesses grow online with affordable software products and the education you need to succeed.
Shorten the Customer Journey
Similarly, any plugin that gives the customer the information they need to make a buying decision will only benefit your store. That could be shopping cart options, fast checkout or live chat for buyer questions.
Be Value for Money
Some of the WooCommerce plugins in our list are free, some are cheap, some quite a bit.
Whether premium plugins offer good value or not depends on what you’re looking for. While some here could be seen as expensive, the features and benefits they bring make that investment worth it.
Easy to Use
Usability is a key feature of any WordPress plugin. Whether that’s easy for visitors, easy for you, or both. Any plugin you add to your store should be well designed, instinctively understandable and deliver the ease of use we all look for.
All plugins, whether directly or indirectly, should help you improve sales. Whether that’s directly like cart abandonment plugins or indirectly like product highlighting or web forms, as long as they all contribute to the efficiency of your store, they are worth using.
The Best WooCommerce Plugins
|HubSpot for WooCommerce||Free||8/10|
|Post SMTP Mailer/Email Log||Free||7/10|
|Sendinblue||Free/$25 per month||8.5/10|
|CartFlows||Free/$239 per year||9/10|
|ELEX WooCommerce Request a Quote Plugin||$59 per year||7/10|
|WooCommerce Cart Abandonment Recovery||Free||8.5/10|
|AffiliateWP||From $149 per year||8/10|
|FluentCRM||Free/$129 per year upwards||7/10|
|ShopEngine||Free/$53 for 1 site yearly||8.5/10|
|YITH WooCommerce Wishlist||Free||8/10|
|YITH WooCommerce Zoom Magnifier||€49.99||7/10|
|WooCommerce Checkout Field Editor||$39 per year||7/10|
|UpdraftPlus||Free/$195 per year||9/10|
|Sucuri||Free/$199.99 per year upwards||8.5/10|
|Smart Coupons for WooCommerce||$69 per year upwards||8/10|
|YITH WooCommerce AJAX Filter||Free||8/10|
|Yoast SEO||Free/$49 per year||8/10|
|WooCommerce Menu Cart||Free/€29 per year upwards||7.5/10|
|Optimole||Free/$19.99 per month upwards||7/10|
|YITH WooCommerce Compare||Free||8/10|
|Header and Footer Scripts||Free||7/10|
|TrustPulse||From $5 per month||7/10|
|OptinMonster||From $9 per month||8.5/10|
|MonsterInsight||$99.50 per year||8/10|
|WooCommerce Products Slider||Free||8.5/10|
|WooCommerce Currency Switcher (WOOCS)||Free||8.5/10|
|LiveChat WooCommerce Chat Plugin||From $16 per month||8/10|
|YITH WooCommerce Ajax Search||Free||8/10|
|Booster for WooCommerce||Free/€10.99 per month upwards||8.5/10|
|Order Delivery Date for WooCommerce||Free/$99 per year||7/10|
|YITH WooCommerce Quick View||Free||8/10|
|WPForms||Free/$39 per year upwards||8.5/10|
|Omnisend||Free/$16 per year upwards||7.5/10|
You likely know HubSpot as a leader in CRM, marketing, sales and service software. With their free WooCommerce plugin, you can add key marketing functionality to your WooCommerce store to grow your business better!
Easily manage WooCommerce activity in a CRM, track and recover abandoned carts, send beautiful marketing emails, build ads, and track everything with robust analytics!
Rather than relying on multiple marketing plugins, get all-in-one value from HubSpot.
Pros of HubSpot for WooCommerce:
- Well designed interface
- Syncs WooCommerce data to HubSpot CRM
- Easily manage leads, subscribers and users
- Abandoned cart recovery tools
- Email builder for efficient communication
Cons of HubSpot for WooCommerce:
- Initial learning curve
HubSpot for WooCommerce Pricing
HubSpot for WooCommerce is free to use.
WooCommerce stores send a lot of emails including order confirmations, password resets, and others. However, because of how it works, the default WordPress email system (wp_mail) can often end up delivering those emails straight to spam folders, which obviously isn’t good for your store’s usability.
Using SMTP instead of wp_mail is a great way to ensure more reliable email delivery. The Post SMTP Mailer/Email Log plugin makes it super easy to set up SMTP with your WooCommerce store.
Pros of Post SMTP Mailer/Email Log:
- Powerful email tools make communication simple
- Includes tools to help email landing in spam
- Overcomes the WordPress email limitations
- Works with WordPress Multisite
- Email logging feature
Cons of Post SMTP Mailer/Email Log:
- Nothing to complain about considering it’s free
Post SMTP Mailer/Email Log Pricing
Post SMTP Mailer/Email Log is free to use.
Sendinblue’s WordPress email plugin provides everything you need to build powerful email marketing. It provides an easy drag and drop editor to design email signup forms.
You can use advanced segmentation to manage contact lists. Design beautiful on-brand emails, newsletters easily.
One of the attractive features of Sendinblue is marketing automation with a simple one-click activation for the marketing automation tracker. With this plugin, you can create highly engaging templates, pull more traffic, and even use on-site live-chat.
Pros of Sendinblue:
- Smart email automation tools
- Live chat and SMS functionality
- CRM integration
- Intelligent email segmentation and tracking
- Social media integration
Cons of Sendinblue:
- There is a lot to get to grips with
Sendinblue has a free version plus premium versions costing $25 per month upwards.
Your store’s checkout process depends on your theme, and not all themes are optimized for WooCommerce conversion best practices.
CartFlows is a plugin that lets you create your own custom checkout process, complete with proven funnel tactics like upsells and order bumps. You don’t need any technical knowledge, either, because CartFlows lets you design your pages using your favorite page builder plugin (e.g. Elementor).
Optimizing your checkout process can boost your conversion rates, and incorporating order bumps and upsells can help boost your revenue per order, so this one is just generally a great tool for improving any WooCommerce store’s bottom line.
Pros of CartFlows:
- Powerful upsell and order bump tools
- Conversion templates to boost sales
- Effective checkout layouts to minimize lost sales
- Lead generation tools
- A/B split testing tools
Cons of CartFlows:
- Requires investment in time and money
CartFlows costs $239 per year or $999 for a lifetime license.
ELEX WooCommerce Request a Quote plugin lets your customers choose products from the shop page or individual product pages and enter the required quantity to request a quote for the products.
The ‘Add to Quote’ option can be made available with or without the ‘Add to Cart’ button for satisfying both customers and suppliers.
The plugin seamlessly streamlines the entire process of accepting, approving, and processing payments of the quote requests. A customizable request form lets you add the relevant fields by mapping them with WooCommerce default checkout fields and display them on a custom lightbox or the desired webpage.
Pros of ELEX WooCommerce Request a Quote Plugin:
- Choose from a shop page or product page with customizable quantities
- Accept orders even when items are out of stock
- Streamlines purchases and payments
- Provide fast payment adjustments for bulk orders
- Controls quotes from beginning to end
Cons of ELEX WooCommerce Request a Quote Plugin:
- It’s expensive for what it is
ELEX WooCommerce Request a Quote Plugin Pricing
ELEX WooCommerce Request a Quote Plugin costs $59 per year for a single site license.
As much as you optimize your checkout process with CartFlows, you’re still going to end up with some shoppers abandoning their shopping carts. The average cart abandonment rate is 60-80%, and even the best-optimized checkout pages still have a 20%+ cart abandonment rate.
The WooCommerce Cart Abandonment Recovery plugin helps you recover some of those carts by capturing email addresses on the checkout page. It can then send an automatic series of recovery emails if shoppers don’t complete their purchase.
You can create your own custom email series, complete with unique coupon codes and links that automatically repopulate each shopper’s cart.
You’ll never completely eliminate shopping cart abandonment, but even recovering a small percentage can make a big impact on your store’s revenue!
Pros of WooCommerce Cart Abandonment Recovery:
- Helps further reduce shopping cart abandonment
- Series of automatic emails for follow ups
- Includes effective emails templates
- Add coupons and incentives to help regain the sale
- Support for WordPress hooks to take the features further
Cons of WooCommerce Cart Abandonment Recovery:
- No cons to speak of
WooCommerce Cart Abandonment Recovery Pricing
WooCommerce Cart Abandonment Recovery is free to use.
An affiliate program helps you grow by offering affiliates a small percentage or flat fee for driving sales to your site. There’s a reason most eCommerce stores have an affiliate program – it creates an army of people who will create content to promote your store.
With the AffiliateWP plugin, you can create your own affiliate program without needing to pay a commission to an affiliate network. What’s more, AffiliateWP has built-in WooCommerce support so you won’t need to hire a developer to implement the necessary tracking either.
You’ll even be able to create special coupons for affiliates and automate payouts to save time.
If you’re interested in using affiliate marketing to grow your WooCommerce store, this one is a must-have!
Pros of AffiliateWP:
- Affiliates work and this plugin makes it easy
- Straightforward affiliate tracking dashboard
- Flexible payment tools
- Realtime reporting on visits, referrals and earnings
- Smart referral link generator tool
Cons of AffiliateWP:
- It’s expensive
AffiliateWP costs from $149 per year up to $299 per year.
When it comes to email marketing automation, FluentCRM sets its own standards. The clean dashboard and intuitive design make it a breeze to utilize marketing automation on your eCommerce site.
The dashboard lets you know exactly how your emails are performing with metrics like open-rate and click-through-rate. The contacts page is also designed to give you information on all your contacts with just a glance.
Sorting through and targeting these contacts is also made simple with lists, tags, and dynamic segmentation. FluentCRM also lets you store customized email templates so you can use and edit them whenever and however you need them.
It integrates with all the popular eCommerce plugins such as WooCommerce, Easy Digital Downloads, MemberPress and more.
Pros of FluentCRM:
- Powerful email campaign tools
- Lots of contact tracking tools
- Contact segmentation tools for efficient campaigns
- Sequencing and automation tools
- Detailed reporting on all activity
Cons of FluentCRM:
- Costs a lot
FluentCRM has a free trial version and then costs from $129 per year up to $499 per year.
If you are looking for a WooCommerce builder for Elementor, one you simply have to check out is ShopEngine. As a matter of fact, ShopEngine has been one of the fastest-growing plugins since launch.
The plugin consists of 13+ modules, 65+ widgets, gorgeous templates, and a number of other features. You get modules like variation swatches, preorder, backorder, partial payment, sales notification, flash sale options and a whole lot more.
Let customers select products of their desired colors and sizes with the variation swatches module. They can also have the benefit of making payments in installments with the partial payment module. Just two of the innovative features offered by ShopEngine.
The pre order and backorder modules of ShopEngine are two more features you’ll find useful as a store owner. If that doesn’t improve sales, perhaps the flash sale module will!
Pros of ShopEngine:
- No coding skill required
- Multi-language support available
- Tons of widgets, modules, and other useful features
- Works nicely with the popular themes like Astra, Ultra, Hello Elementor, etc.
- Ajax-based filter and pagination
Cons of ShopEngine:
Cart, Order, and Thank you pages come with only 1 premade design
Free to use. The premium version costs $53 for 1 site yearly.
YITH WooCommerce Wishlist provides your customers a place where they can put products of interest while looking for other products to buy. It provides an increasing number of potential sales per checkout.
Your visitors will also be reminded of their past interests and be offered gift lists they can share with their friends for events like weddings and birthdays.
It’s a value-add plugin that provides a lucrative tool for some stores!
Pros of YITH WooCommerce Wishlist:
- Let’s shoppers save products for later
- Allows shoppers to share wishlists with others for Christmas and other events
- Simple setup with attractive design
- Adds another dimension to shopping with genuine value
- It’s free
Cons of YITH WooCommerce Wishlist:
- Limited customization options
YITH WooCommerce Wishlist Pricing
YITH WooCommerce Wishlist is free to use.
WooCommerce Customizer enables you to customize many areas of the eCommerce platform you wouldn’t normally be able to do without using code.
Normally, you have to write code to use customization filters for buttons, text, labels and so on. With WooCommerce Customizer, you have an easy user-interface to use built-in WooCommerce filters for this purpose.
WooCommerce Customizer opens up visual editing settings. You can change sales badges, Add to Cart text, and checkout page coupons, among others.
Pros of WooCommerce Customizer:
- Enables access to areas of WooCommerce you would normally need to access code for
- Customize your store to make it truly yours
- Change checkouts, sales content and add to cart syntax
- Simple dashboard offers access to customizations
- It’s free
Cons of WooCommerce Customizer:
- Hasn’t been updated in a while
WooCommerce Customizer Pricing
WooCommerce Customizer is free to use.
YITH WooCommerce Zoom Magnifier provides a zoom function for product pages that lets customers inspect your products more closely.
It lets your visitors look at your products and see each detail, which in turn gives them reassurance when making buying decisions.
Once the visitor puts the cursor over your product images it will zoom into the product. A slider of product image thumbnails can also be added below the product image.
Pros of YITH WooCommerce Zoom Magnifier:
- Enables visitors to zoom into products
- Mouseover action moves with the cursor to provide interactivity
- Can be enabled or disabled for mobile
- Customizable slider behavior
- It’s free
Cons of YITH WooCommerce Zoom Magnifier:
- No downsides
YITH WooCommerce Zoom Magnifier Pricing
YITH WooCommerce Zoom Magnifier is free to use.
Jetpack is a feature rich WordPress plugin that attempts to be all things to all people and succeeds in most of them. It works for WooCommerce by adding extra layers of security to the site as a whole, providing backup options, visitor reporting, SEO tools, speed optimizations and other features.
One key strength to Jetpack is store stats. While not as powerful as a dedicated reporting function, it provides an overview of orders, trends, visitors and other useful data.
Pros of Jetpack:
- Powerful plugin with dozens of features
- Includes some useful for WooCommerce including reporting
- Can turn features on or off as required
- Includes SEO and page speed optimizations
- There’s a free version
Cons of Jetpack:
- There’s a lot to learn and to configure
There’s a free version of Jetpack with premium versions costing from $7.99 per month.
WooCommerce Checkout Field Editor lets you add, edit, delete, and rearrange the checkout field of your store. This gives you the freedom to customize the most important area of your store, making it truly your own.
The plugin lets you add 17 different custom fields to checkout including text areas, email, phone number, selection areas, radio buttons and more.
Pros of WooCommerce Checkout Field Editor:
- Adds custom fields to WooCommerce checkout
- Lets you reposition or customize checkout fields
- Add custom CSS classes to checkout elements
- Enable or disable default WooCommerce fields
- Conditional formatting for custom fields
Cons of WooCommerce Checkout Field Editor:
- Premium is expensive
WooCommerce Checkout Field Editor Pricing
There’s a free version of WooCommerce Checkout Field Editor with premium plans starting at $49 per year.
UpdraftPlus helps keep your WooCommerce store’s data safe with offsite backups. It’s one of the most effective WordPress backup solutions out there and makes backing up websites simple.
UpdraftPlus is easy to use, provides the option for different backup types, downloads those backups, use cloud storage and restore your store from a backup.
The dashboard is simple to use and makes short work of setting schedules, configuring backup types and protecting your store. The premium version even comes with a very useful cloning tool.
Pros of UpdraftPlus:
- Comprehensive backup solution for WordPress
- Includes intelligent schedule that can handle different backup types
- Backup, download or store in the cloud
- Simple restoration process makes it easy to recover
- Supports WordPress Multisite
Cons of UpdraftPlus:
- Configuration can become complex
There’s a free version of UpdraftPlus and five premium plans costing from $84 per year.
The UpdraftPlus plugin above helps you keep your store’s data safe if something bad happens. Sucuri helps prevent something bad from happening in the first place.
This WordPress security plugin implements a huge array of WordPress hardening best practices to lock down your store. It also offers proactive monitoring, like file change detection and malware scanning.
If you’re serious about the security and safety of your website, consider using a web application firewall (WAF) and security plugin by Sucuri.
Pros of Sucuri:
- Highly regarded WordPress security plugin
- Provides layered defense for websites and stores
- Includes WAF protection, DDoS protection and more
- Malware protection and removal tools
- Monitors your site for file changes and attack
Cons of Sucuri:
- Premium is very pricey
There’s a free version of Sucuri while premium costs from $199.99 per year up to $499.99 per year.
Smart Coupons for WooCommerce adds an extra element of selling to any eCommerce store. It’s a very useful WooCommerce plugin that enables you to utilize vouchers, giveaways, store credit, gift cards and coupons to help sales.
The plugin includes a range of incentives you can use in your store. Some of them can be offered according to certain conditions while others include some behavior-based rules. All of them can help increase sales and customer loyalty, which is why we feature them here.
Pros of Smart Coupons for WooCommerce:
- Well-designed dashboard to manage everything
- Wide range of coupons, vouchers and incentives
- Customizable conditions for triggering coupons
- Bulk generate coupons and vouchers
- Includes cart abandonment incentives
Cons of Smart Coupons for WooCommerce:
- Ticketed customer support only with 1-2 day response time
Smart Coupons for WooCommerce Pricing
Smart Coupons for WooCommerce costs from $69 per year up to $199 per year.
The YITH WooCommerce AJAX Filter allows your visitors to narrow down their searches based on certain criteria using smooth Ajax action. WordPress and WooCommerce have search but Ajax is smoother and much more visually appealing.
Search and product filtering are essential for larger stores with lots of products. If you don’t provide a way for customers to quickly find what they want, they will go elsewhere. YITH WooCommerce AJAX Filter makes it happen.
Pros of YITH WooCommerce AJAX Filter:
- Simple but effective Ajax filter for online stores
- Number of configurable presets for customization
- Different filter styles to choose from
- Select exactly when and where the filter appears
- Adds genuine value to users
Cons of YITH WooCommerce AJAX Filter:
- Takes a little configuring to get it just right
YITH WooCommerce AJAX Filter Pricing
There’s a free version of YITH WooCommerce AJAX Filter with premium costing $79.99 per year.
19. Yoast SEO
YoastSEO is an essential WooCommerce plugin. It’s one of many top-quality SEO plugins we recommend and definitely one you should try.
WordPress and WooCommerce aren’t optimized for SEO out of the box. To fix that, you can use the massively popular Yoast SEO plugin.
It’ll help you set up important SEO and social media metadata for all of your products. And, with the premium Yoast WooCommerce SEO add-on, it can also help add structured data and enhance your Pinterest and Facebook metadata with details like price and stock status.
Pros of Yoast SEO:
- Full WordPress and WooCommerce SEO plugin
- Includes all the basics you need to rank higher
- Lots of options and customizations you can make
- Includes WooCommerce-specific tools
- Free version is fully featured
Cons of Yoast SEO:
- There’s a lot to configure to get the most out of it
Yoast SEO Pricing
There’s a free version of Yoast SEO with premium plans starting at $89 per year and $49 for WooCommerce SEO plugin.
WooCommerce Menu Cart adds a shopping cart to the top navigation bar of your store. Many leading stores use this method to help customers track and monitor their carts throughout the customer journey.
This WooCommerce plugin does the same. You can configure it in any number of ways to control how it looks, works and feels and add multiple icons, change the menu action, and use shortcodes to display a shopping cart in other areas of your store too.
Pros of WooCommerce Menu Cart:
- Display cart icon, or only items and prices.
- Display items only, price only, or both.
- Display always, or only when there are items in the cart.
- Float left, float right, or use your menu’s default settings.
- Customize your own CSS
Cons of WooCommerce Menu Cart:
- No real downsides here
WooCommerce Menu Cart Pricing
There’s a free version of WooCommerce Menu Cart with premium costing from €29 per year up to €129.
Page load times are important for all types of websites, but doubly so for eCommerce stores. Online stores are usually image-heavy and can be slow to load. Even a small delay in page load time can have a big effect on your store’s conversion rates.
Optimole fixes that by letting you automatically resize and compress your product images. It’s a cloud service that requires an account linked to your store but otherwise is very simple to use.
Pros of Optimole:
- Fast, automatic image optimization for WordPress
- Uses a CDN to serve images for further speed boost
- Automatically selects the correct image size for viewer’s screen
- Implements automatic lazy loading
- Hands-free operation
Cons of Optimole:
- Requires an account to work
There’s a free version of Optimole and premium plans starting from $19.99 per month.
YITH WooCommerce Compare is a useful WooCommerce plugin that allows customers to compare products within your store.
Comparison is another value-add service that many successful stores use to help customers make buying decisions. This plugin allows you to offer the same convenience.
Just a click of the button and the customers will be able to see the products they want to compare side-by-side in a popup without being directed to another page. Customers can add to cart the products of their choice directly from the comparison popup.
Pros of YITH WooCommerce Compare:
- Effective WooCommerce plugin
- Comparison can be a powerful conversion tool
- Straightforward to implement within your store
- Basic customizations keep things simple
- It’s free
Cons of YITH WooCommerce Compare:
- There are more powerful comparison plugins out there
YITH WooCommerce Compare Pricing
YITH WooCommerce Compare is free to use.
ELEX WooCommerce Shipping Calculator combines the best features of all the shipping calculators available from the world’s leading shipping companies. It allows users to easily calculate shipping costs for multiple shipping carriers based on the products and the distance between the pick-up and delivery locations.
Also, if your company relies on customers delivering items to your address regularly (for instance, repair and servicing shops or paid return services for e-commerce businesses), this multi-vendor shipping calculator system could be extremely beneficial!
Pros of ELEX WooCommerce Shipping Calculator
- Shipping costs can be calculated with just a few clicks
- Select the most convenient courier service from a list of available shipping options
- Create custom packages and calculate out how much they’ll cost to ship
- Shipping label and shipment tracking link for orders
- Send custom email with label and tracking details
Cons of ELEX WooCommerce Shipping Calculator
- There’s quite a lot involved to set it up properly
ELEX WooCommerce Shipping Calculator Pricing
ELEX WooCommerce Shipping Calculator starts from $79 per month.
24. Header and Footer Scripts (for Analytics and Tracking Pixels)
Header and Footer Scripts doesn’t really do anything by itself, it’s what this plugin lets you do that makes it a must-have WooCommerce plugin.
As the name suggests, it makes it easy for you to inject tracking scripts in either your site’s header (the <head> section) or footer (right before the closing </body> tag).
Most WooCommerce stores will have a decent number of tracking scripts. You’ll almost certainly have basics like Google Analytics and Facebook Pixel, and you’ll probably have other scripts too, like Hotjar for heatmap testing.
Header and Footer Scripts provides you a non-technical way to add all those scripts to your site and it also keeps them organized so that you can quickly remove or modify them as needed.
Pros of Header and Footer Scripts:
- Makes it simple to add tracking scripts to WooCommerce stores
- Supports scripts in custom post types
- Simple to use and to embed codes
- It’s free
Cons of Header and Footer Scripts:
- Hasn’t been updated for a little while
Header and Footer Scripts Pricing
Header and Footer Scripts is free to use.
TrustPulse is a powerful WooCommerce plugin that enables you to leverage social proof to help sales. The plugin allows you to display purchase notifications like ‘Brad just bought Astra Pro’ or similar messages to help convert visitors.
The plugin also supports analytics, action messages, visitor activity, conversions and helps you target specific user types with minimal configuration.
Pros of TrustPulse:
- Helps use social proof to increase conversions
- Real-time tracking of user activity
- Opportunity to target specific user types
- Customizable notifications to fit into your design
- Works with most CMS platforms as well as WordPress
Cons of TrustPulse:
- Not everyone believes these notifications
TrustPulse costs from $5 per month up to $39 per month.
OptinMonster is a lead generation powerhouse and is a very useful WooCommerce plugin to have around. It specializes in creating popups and offers within pages to help attract attention and convert visitors.
The plugin includes popup templates and the ability to create them from scratch. You can include images, calls to action, links, personalized messages and publish the element. It then allows you to monitor it in real time.
This is a very powerful plugin that provides all the tools you need to help increase conversions at any stage of the customer journey.
Pros of OptinMonster:
- Complete conversion plugin for popups in WooCommerce
- Smart visual designer
- Competent templates to use out of the box
- A/B testing, analytics and exit intent tools
- Redirection and retargeting features
Cons of OptinMonster:
- Not everyone likes popups
OptinMonster costs from $9 per month up to $49 per month.
With MonsterInsights you don’t need to hire a developer or learn how to code to be able to properly setup Google Analytics, add event tracking or configure eCommerce tracking. MonsterInsights makes it effortless to set up those features in WordPress all in one.
This is a powerful WooCommerce plugin that provides all the data you could possibly use about your store. It’s GDPR-compliant, offers real time analytics, SEO ranking reports, user behavior reporting and a whole lot more.
Pros of MonsterInsights:
- Universal tracking tools
- Powerful Google Analytics dashboard
- More stats and metrics than you could ever use
- Affiliate links and tracking tools
- Page-level analytics as well as site-wide
Cons of MonsterInsights:
- There is a definite potential for data overload
MonsterInsights costs from $99.60 per year up to $399.50 per year.
Product sliders and carousels are attractive ways to keep visitors engaged. Shoppers can view images and product information from within other products and you can increase upsells or cross-sells as well as engagement.
This tool is fully responsive and mobile ready. You can put a slider anywhere and use as many products and sliders as you want. It also hides out-of-stock products and you can customize your slider for different devices.
Pros of WooCommerce Products Slider:
- Simple but effective slider plugin
- Interactive slider with pause, rewind and stop on hover
- Responsive slider configurable for mobile
- Includes product showcase options
- Integrated add to cart button
Cons of WooCommerce Products Slider:
- No real downsides here
WooCommerce Products Slider Pricing
There’s a free version of WooCommerce Products Slider with premium options starting at $19.99 per year.
Users from different countries will find it easy to decide if they are going to buy your products if they can see the prices in their local currency. It’s as important as multilingual websites and can increase conversion exponentially.
WooCommerce Currency Switcher supports manual currency switching, unlimited currencies, automatic exchange rates, tooltips and more. It can also use IP identification to automatically display currencies depending on where the visitor is from.
You can also use this plugin to set fixed minimums for free shipping and shipping minimums, fixed coupon verification amounts, and more at the back end.
Pros of WooCommerce Currency Switcher (WOOCS):
- Manual and automatic currency switching
- Multiple display options for currencies
- Currency converter, conversion rates and other useful features
- Geo IP identification for localization
- Useful tooltip option for user assistance
Cons of WooCommerce Currency Switcher (WOOCS):
- Doesn’t support cryptocurrencies
WooCommerce Currency Switcher (WOOCS) Pricing
There’s a free version of WooCommerce Currency Switcher (WOOCS) while premium costs from $49 for a single site.
Having a WooCommerce chat plugin will encourage visitors to interact, ask questions and discuss their needs. It’s a simple way to provide fast service and streamline the path to purchase.
LiveChat WooCommerce Chat Plugin lets you manage email, Facebook Messenger and other social media responses with the same interface. You can also view your shoppers’ cart contents in real-time to have an idea who is going to buy more products.
You can also send automated chat responses and messages to your visitors once certain criteria are met.
Pros of LiveChat WooCommerce Chat Plugin:
- Powerful live chat functionality for WooCommerce stores
- Flexible design with customization options
- Intelligent query routing for larger stores
- Integrates with other WordPress plugins and tools
- Very easy to use
Cons of LiveChat WooCommerce Chat Plugin:
- It’s not cheap
LiveChat WooCommerce Chat Plugin Pricing
LiveChat WooCommerce Chat Plugin costs from $16 up to $50 per month.
With the YITH WooCommerce Ajax Search plugin can work alongside YITH WooCommerce AJAX Filter to provide a very powerful pairing for fast search and filtering for your store.
YITH WooCommerce Ajax Search offers search features that instantly display products as visitors type in the search box without leaving the current page they are viewing. This is a useful tool to have in any store and one we thoroughly recommend.
Pros of YITH WooCommerce Ajax Search:
- Search and select products without leaving the current page
- Display the search form anywhere in your store using shortcodes
- Customize the search display
- Real time searches as user types
- Opportunity to add badges and banners within search results
Cons of YITH WooCommerce Ajax Search:
- SKU search seems problematic
YITH WooCommerce Ajax Search Pricing
There’s a free version of YITH WooCommerce Ajax Search with premium priced at $69.99.
Booster for WooCommerce is almost a complete package of ecommerce plugins that you can install in your store.
Almost all the other features presented in this blog post are included in this booster plugin. Features include invoicing tools, custom fields, pricing and currency tools, price buttons and labels, customizable carts and checkouts and a whole lot more.
Booster for WooCommerce also allows you to add crowdfunding products, display when the product will be available, display products by country and display custom shopping cart information.
Pros of Booster for WooCommerce:
- Powerful WooCommerce plugin with lots of features
- Includes most functions a new store would need
- Simple to set up and to use
- Intuitive user dashboard
- Fully compatible with WooCommerce
Cons of Booster for WooCommerce:
- There’s a lot to learn and to configure
Booster for WooCommerce Pricing
There’s a free version of Booster for WooCommerce with premium costing from €10.99 per month up to €30.99 per month.
The Order Delivery Date for WooCommerce plugin provides the best customer experience to your buyers even after they have made their purchase. Shoppers can now select the delivery date of their purchased products at their most convenient date and time.
It’s a simple feature but is one of those value-add elements that can elevate the user experience enough to encourage repeat custom.
Pros of Order Delivery Date for WooCommerce:
- Allows customers to select delivery date and time
- Supports timeslots and ASAP deliveries
- Configurable holidays, weekends, hours of operation and more
- Supports click and collect
- Works with Fedex, UPS, USPS and other shipping operators
Cons of Order Delivery Date for WooCommerce:
- Depends on having a shipper that supports delivery dates and times
- Premium is expensive for what it is
Order Delivery Date for WooCommerce Pricing
Order Delivery Date for WooCommerce has a free version while premium costs $99 per year.
YITH WooCommerce Quick View adds more convenience for shoppers by introducing a quick view element that highlights an individual product within other listings or pages.
Just by putting the cursor above the product image, your visitors will see a quick view popup with a larger product image, product description and an add to cart button. This can be very useful for encouraging impulse buys and streamlining the customer journey.
Pros of YITH WooCommerce Quick View:
- Highlight individual products without having to visit the product page
- Uses Ajax for smooth, seamless operation
- Works with other WooCommerce plugins to add value to a store
- Simple to install and to implement
- It’s free
Cons of YITH WooCommerce Quick View:
- Nothing to complain about here
YITH WooCommerce Quick View Pricing
YITH WooCommerce Quick View is free to use.
WPForms is one of the most powerful form plugins for WordPress. It supports multiple form types, contact forms, payment forms, signups, surveys, registration and all manner of forms.
The free version comes with simple contact forms and all other essential features, while the Pro version lets you use advanced features to improve your form conversions like landing pages conversational forms, form abandonment, smart conditional logic and lots more features.
Pros of WPForms:
- One of the most popular form plugins for WordPress
- Simple to use, easy to implement
- Usable form templates
- Fully customizable to suit your store’s design
- Drag and drop form builder included
Cons of WPForms:
- Free version offers limited features
WPForms has a free version with four premium plans starting at $39.50 per year.
Omnisend is a marketing automation platform built for eCommerce. It allows you to use push notifications, welcome emails, cart recovery emails, order and shipping confirmation messages and other communications quickly and easily.
Send beautiful email newsletters and campaigns, drive more sales with highly-relevant marketing automation using pre-built automation for cart abandonment, welcome series, transactional emails, and more.
Personalize your message to customer data, campaign engagement, and shopping behavior to deliver targeted messages at the right time. This plugin makes it easy.
Pros of Omnisend:
- Lots of marketing automation tools to help engage with visitors and customers
- Includes usable templates or a template builder
- Supports SMS as well as email
- Features list building forms and tools
- Provides real time data on interactions
Cons of Omnisend:
- The learning curve
Omnisend has a free version and two premium versions that cost $16 and $59 per month respectively.
Get Started With These Must-Have WooCommerce Plugins
While there are certainly more than 36 plugins that can benefit WooCommerce stores, these 30 must-have plugins are more about providing a strong foundation that will help your store no matter what you’re selling or how you’re using WooCommerce.
If you use these plugins as your foundation, your store will already have a strong starting point when it comes to marketing, conversion optimization, security, and performance optimization.
From there, you can add additional plugins as needed to meet your store’s needs.
Get started today and build a better WooCommerce store.