Typography plays the most important role in the UX of a website. Therefore, we’ve focused on giving you a number of typography options that will help you customize your fonts using the Astra theme.
Astra provides global typography options where you can make changes at one place and they will reflect globally.
From the WordPress dashboard, you can find settings under Appearance > Customize > Global > Typography
This is default typography that will apply to the entire website. Available options are –
- Family – Make your choice of Font Family from Nunito, Times New Roman, Sans Serif, etc. for the content on your website
- Variants – It is necessary to select font variants that you will be using on the website. Read more here
- Size – Select the default Font Size of the content on your website, you will also find the option to set the Text Transform i.e [None, Capitalize, Uppercase, Lowercase]
- Weight – Select the default Font Weight of the content on your website
- Line Height – Setting a value here would add a line-height to the website’s body and content
- Paragraph Margin Bottom – Set a default Paragraph Margin Bottom for the Body and Content
Astra allows you to use System Fonts, Google Fonts, Typekit Fonts as well as Custom Fonts on your site. Refer a document that will explain how you can select a font with Astra.
Headings Typography can be found under the Customizer > Global > Typography > Headings.
You can set common font style and individual font size for all Headings – H1 to H6
Note: If you are using a page builder, you can override the above Typography with page builder’s Typography settings for specific sections.
We provide more specific typography options in the dedicated module of Astra Pro Addon plugin. Learn more about the Typography module of Astra Pro Addon.