Astra Pro modern checkout string translation for WooCommerce
When using the Astra Pro, you can enable the two-step navigation by navigating to Customize > WooCommerce > Misc > Enable Two Steps Navigation. Once you enable the two-step navigation, you will see the following steps in the cart.
If you want to translate these strings, you can do so with the help of the Loco Translate plugin.
How To Change WooCommerce String Using Loco Translate
- First, install and activate the plugin.
- It will add a new section to your WordPress dashboard down below settings.
- Navigate to Loco Translate > Home.
- Then, you’ll see a screen like this.
- Click on ‘Astra Pro’ under Running plugins.
- And then, click the ‘+New Language’ option.
- What you’ll want to do is choose the language that you have active on your WordPress site from the drop-down menu there.
- After that, you’ll see a list with all the text “strings” that you can translate.
- At the top, there is a handy “filter” field where you can search for the text you’d like to change.
Demo: We want to change the “Shopping Cart” text to ‘Shopping Bag’ for our demo. We just select “Shopping Cart” from the list, and then in the bottom box for our “translation”, we enter what we’d like it to say instead. After that, you only need to click the “save” button in the top left to make the change live. It worked for us.
Note: If the string is not visible, then you might have to sync the string, or the string is available with the WooCommerce plugin.
If you have translated the string and it is not visible on the front end then it might be a cache issue. So, once you make the changes, try to clear clear the cache for the site.