Custom Layouts is a very powerful module offered in Astra Pro. With this module, you can create a totally custom header, footer, 404 pages as well as custom content or code on various hook locations.
Quick Steps on How to Create Custom Layouts Using the Custom Layout Module
Step 1: Make sure you have the Astra Pro Addon plugin installed and activated. How to Install Astra Pro Addon plugin?
Step 2: Activate the Custom Layouts module from the Astra Options under the WordPress Dashboard > Appearance > Astra Options
Step 3: Visit customizer [ Appearance > Astra Options > Custom Layouts ] to edit Custom Layouts settings
After activating a module click on Settings option to get started.
Now you will see a new Custom Layouts menu under the Appearance tab:
Once you add a new layout, you will see options as below:
Select the option from the dropdown, where the custom layout will be appended.
Set Up Your Custom Layouts
Custom Layouts come with some great options that allow you to, for example, make a custom sticky header or add custom code to almost any place in your website using Hooks.
Though each custom layout has some specific options available, here is an overview of some common settings for all layouts:
- Display Rules:
- Display On – select the locations where you want to display your custom layouts.
- Add Exclusion – select the locations which you want to exclude from a display rule.
- User Roles – choose which user roles should be seeing your custom layout
- Responsive Visibility: Choose whether to show your custom layouts on all devices or choose individually: desktop, tablet, or mobile.
- Time Duration: Set the layout start time and the end time. This will make your layout visible only for that period.
For more information on each custom layout type, please check the dedicated articles on the links below: